Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IV10 Styles Management

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
nknehme
84 Views, 1 Reply

IV10 Styles Management

Why can't we add new Material Style from the Style Management outside of Inventor.

I've been trying to cleanup the material styles after harvesting and its been a nightmare.

- RENAME STYLE - WITHIN INVENTOR : If I try to change some letters in the style description by using the Rename Style within Inventor, It tells me that the style already exist. So I copy the description, Delete the style and Create New Style then Paste the Description and change the letters and then saves. ALSO YOU ALWAYS HAVE TO REMEMBER TO SAVE TO STYLE LIBRARY.

- RENAME STYLE - STYLE MANAGEMENT : I can rename a style in the style Management but it always tells me that I am breaking the link to documents. Does that have anything to do with the Cached Styles ?

- NEW STYLE : I can only add material Styles when I am in Inventor. Why can't that be done using the Style Management Tool provided ?

- The Exist Local / Library / Both is very confusing in trying to centralize things and having one source of information that exist only in the library. Can there be an application setting to always Use library in Styles.

There could be a Check Box in the Pack'n'Go to Cache styles to document.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
nknehme
in reply to: nknehme

- DELETING STYLE : You can only delete styles in the Styles Manager. When I was trying to Delete a Parts List Style I got the message that it was referenced and cannot be deleted. How can I know where it is referenced ?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report