Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IV Prof 2015 Icon Question

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
braistme
303 Views, 7 Replies

IV Prof 2015 Icon Question

I'm really, really hoping this hasn't been posted elsewhere. I've attached a picture of what I'm seeing in my assembly explorer with my constraints, and I'm not sure if I've just never noticed the circle before or not. It's only showing up on a couple of the constraints - the only reason I noticed is because I'm having other issues with assembling parts (ungrounded, unconstrained parts not moving in the model space...?!) and I was looking for anomalies.

I've definitely tried looking around the interwebs for answers, and I'm coming up short. I'm by no means computer illiterate - just looking for some help from the pros!

Thanks much, in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
ccamara01
in reply to: braistme

It's showing an iMate.  Which I know nothing about...

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Inventor Professional 2015 SP2
Windows 8.1 Pro Workstation
2 x Intel Xeon E5-2687W v3 (10 core, 3.1 GHz)
NVIDIA Quadro K4200 (4 GB)
64 GB 2133 MHz DDR4 RDIMM ECC
512 GB SSD
2 TB HDD
Message 3 of 8
blair
in reply to: ccamara01

Yup, that's an I-Mate, the. If you are on IV2015 and I think even IV2014, there is a tool that displays sick contraints in the window. The "grey'd out" icon in the Relationship tab will be colored and active. This will display within the model window all sick/bad constraints.

Capture1.JPG

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 4 of 8
braistme
in reply to: blair

blair, thanks for the clarification. Checked my sick constraints, but oddly enough, they weren't related to the i-mates! My assembly is more solid now, but I'm still at a loss as to what exactly my circled relationships are. If it helps, the icon I attached shows up when I highlight the circled relationship. It's just a flag, but I didn't know if that had more significance or not!

Message 5 of 8
ccamara01

If you didn't catch it the first time I said it, or when Blair said it... the circled constraint is referring to an I-Mate.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Inventor Professional 2015 SP2
Windows 8.1 Pro Workstation
2 x Intel Xeon E5-2687W v3 (10 core, 3.1 GHz)
NVIDIA Quadro K4200 (4 GB)
64 GB 2133 MHz DDR4 RDIMM ECC
512 GB SSD
2 TB HDD
Message 6 of 8
braistme
in reply to: ccamara01

I understood that it was an i-Mate, but blair was also talking about having sick constraints (and that didn't end up being an issue). I still didn't know if the i-Mates would cause any other issues with the assembly file as a whole, which leads me to believe my problems were created elsewhere. I-Mates wouldn't necessarily cause me to be unable to move ungrounded, unconstrained parts, correct?

Message 7 of 8
blair

An iMate is a constraint that is place on a single IPT file and is stored in that IPT file. Items such as bolts/fastners are great candidates for iMates. You place i iMate contraint on the mating surface/edge of the bolt and both sides of the nut and washer. When you bring them into an IAM file and click on the item to drag it around the iMate will become high lighted. Holding down the "ALT" key will then activate it and simultaneously drag the item to a hole, it will then automatically mate to the edge of the hole.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 8 of 8
braistme
in reply to: blair

Thanks so much, blair. I've used i-Mates quite a bit in the past, I didn't realize it created a circled icon. Regarding the assembly in its entirety, I'm still not sure what the issue was. I've done a lot of work in IV and never had parts seize up without reason. I'm in the middle of reassembly, so if it happens again I'll be sure to ask!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report