Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IV is dog slow. (Need help troubleshooting)

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
jpblower
392 Views, 3 Replies

IV is dog slow. (Need help troubleshooting)

So I'm running IV Pro 2014.  Seemingly at random but much more frequently now IV will work stupid slow.  Drawing a line in a 2D sketch can take 30s.  Now when I unplug my computer from the LAN it tends to work for about a few minutes and then does the same thing.  This happens whether I'm looking at a model on my hard drive or the network.  No one else seems to have this problem.  We just reinstalled IV on my computer to no end. 

So far IT has been no help and I was wondering if someone else might know some of what's happening.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: jpblower

Are you using a 3D Connexion device?

If so, go into the 3D Connnexion Control Panel and click Calibrate (or try unplugging it) to see if that makes a difference.

(I assume you have installed SP 1 & 2.)

Also, I recently had some mal-ware on one of my machines that was making Inventor dog-slow.

(the mal-ware would show itself after running Chrome and then Win L to lock my machine, upon returning - random web pages would show although no web browser app shown as running) Even when the mal-ware was not showing itself - the computer was running slow until it was cleaned.  This one was particularly difficult to clean.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
johnsonshiue
in reply to: jpblower

Hi! A few things come to mind. Could you try the followings and see if it makes a difference?

1) Turn off other applications.

2) Go to All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> Disk Cleanup. Make sure all temporary files are deleted.

3) Start Inventor and go to Tools -> Application Options -> File -> uncheck "Enable Quick File Open" -> Apply and OK.

If none of above helps, please record a video showing the behavior.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 4 of 4
blair
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Open the Task Manager and look to see what application(s) are hogging your system resources.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report