Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IV 2012 SP1 Assembly with no component visiblity

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
albert
216 Views, 3 Replies

IV 2012 SP1 Assembly with no component visiblity

I have an assembly that has been working fine until now but now I can see all the components in the browser but none in the graphic window.

I have tried isolating a component and zooming all with no luck and the strange thing is that I have no option to "find in window" in this assembly. I can also copy a component from this assembly and place it in a new one with no problems.

I have also tried to copy a component from the browser and then paste it back in to the same assembly and it shows up in the browser as a new instance but no joy showing up in the graphic window.

Finally I tried a pack and go on this assembly and all went well with all the files copied but this newly packed assembly acts the same way.

This has happened twice now on two different computers so I am getting a little concerned, I do have the packed and zipped database for Autodesk to take a look at but it' 150 MB.

any thoughts on what could have gone wrong?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
albert
in reply to: albert

Sorry, I am running Inventor 2012 SP 1 and win 7

Message 3 of 4
johnsonshiue
in reply to: albert

Albert,

The behavior you are describing sounds like a corruption in graphics or something about showing the geometry. Could you try the simple test and see if it helps?

Open the assembly -> go to Design View -> Delete the Default Design View or activate Master Design View. Do you see the components now?

If not, please send me an email so I can set up a secure account for you to upload the files.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 4 of 4
albert
in reply to: johnsonshiue

That was it!   thanks Johnson!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report