Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IV 10 vs IV 12

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
199 Views, 3 Replies

IV 10 vs IV 12

Hello there,
I search for a document that describe differences between IV 10 pro and IV 12 pro. I must decide is there a point in upgrading. So can some one tell me where I can read the differences between these two versions.
Thank you in advance.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm sure a Google search would turn up the relevant information but I'm just going to advise to forget Inventor 10. Go right to Inventor 2009.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

i googled it but there is nowhere comparation between the versions.
Please send me link
Message 4 of 4
JDMather

This should get you started
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=what%27s+new+inventor+10+2008&btnG=Google+Search

do your designs use Fillet Features? Inventor 10 didn't have Face fillets. Inventor 11 added a lot of new functionality. Maybe my favorite new functionality is 2008 (12) is something very simple Sketch Split, or maybe improved Contoured Flanges if you do sheet metal parts. If you do really complex stuff some of the new 3D Sketch tools...
And Loft with Center Line, and enhancements to Sweep. Sculpt certainly wasn't in v10. How did I ever live without Sculpt, and Trim Surfaces... ... a Boundary Patch that did more than planar surfaces, on and on.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report