Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

its not working!!

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Catmore98
271 Views, 4 Replies

its not working!!

I guys I've just newly installed Autodesk inventor 2012 to my computer and when I click on new to make a "drawing" it doesn't give me any templates at all even when I make a new project it doesn't let me do it and when I fallow the directory to the templates they are all there

and is I drag and drop the templates into the program it will boot them up but not let me do anything with them so if you could help me I would greatly appreciate that

by the way I'm a student so i got the program for free which makes it an educational version

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: Catmore98

Post screen shots

or better yet

do a ScreenCast recording.

What is your Operating System?  Windows 8?

Have you installed all Service Packs and Updates for Inventor 2012?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 5
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Catmore98

Hi! Based on your description, I can think of two cases on top of my head. First, start up Inventor without opening any file -> Project -> Folder options -> Templates. Is the path the same as the one you looked at? Second, if the templates path is set correctly, it is possible the template files are incompatible with Inventor 2012. Go to File Explorer -> find the template files -> rigt-click on any of them -> iProperties ->  Version. Check what was the Inventor release the file was last saved.

Please report back your findings.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 4 of 5
Catmore98
in reply to: JDMather

Hey man I took a another look through the paths for the templates and I wound an infinite look it was stuck in so I made a new path for it which had sorted my issue but thank for the help any way

Sent from my iPhone
Message 5 of 5
Catmore98
in reply to: JDMather

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report