Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Items from content centre

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Gingerbread
853 Views, 7 Replies

Items from content centre

I'm learning Inventor 12 and have made an assembly using content centre nuts & bolts etc. After saving to memory stick and wanting to view in 3d viewer the nuts & bolts are not visible. Is there a way to bind to assembly?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Hello,

You should save your content center files used on your memory card or use the "Pack&Go" function which allow to embedeed all the files needs in a folder.

Regards,

John.

--------------------------------
Autodesk Product Design Suite Ultimate 2013
Win 7 Pro 64 bits SP1
Bi-Xeon E5520 (2x Quad-core @2.27GHz)
Quadro Fx 1800 768Mo GDDR3
6Go Ram DDR3 667MHz ECC
Message 3 of 8
Cadmanto
in reply to: Gingerbread

What John said is correct, but understand that what you are experiencing just doesn't apply to CC parts, but all parts involved in the assembly.  That is why the pack and go is the best way to go.

pack.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 8
BLHDrafting

You don't say what 3D viewer you are using, but hopw about the native Inventor DWFX file? 1 file for all parts. Don't have to worry about getting all of the CC parts and the full Pack-N-Go process.

Brendan Henderson

Web www.blhdrafting.com.au
Twitter @BLHDrafting

Windows 7 x64 -64 GB Ram, Intel Xeon E5-1620 @ 3.6 GHz
ATI FirePro V7800 2 GB, 180 GB SSD & 1 TB HDD, Inv R2016 PDSU SP1 (Build 210), Vault 2016 Professional Update 1 (Build 21.1.4.0)
Message 5 of 8
SBix26

A little more detail for you: unless you deliberately changed either your project's content center files location or the default location in Application Options > File tab, your content center components are being created in your My Documents\Inventor\Content Center\ folder on your hard drive, not with the rest of your project.  As the others pointed out, you'll have to get these on your memory stick, either by using Pack & Go, or manually grabbing what you need.

Sam B
Inventor 2012 Certified Professional

Please click "Accept as Solution" if this response answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor Professional 2013 SP1.1 Update 1
Windows XP Pro 32-bit, SP3
HP EliteBook 8730w; 4 GB RAM; Core™ 2 Duo T9400 2.53 GHz; Quadro FX2700M
SpaceExplorer/SpaceNavigator NB, driver 3.7.18
still waiting for a foreshortened radius dimensioning tool in Drawing Manager

Message 6 of 8
Gingerbread

Sorry for delay in replying . But I've been away on holiday. Tried 'Pack & Go' saving to memory stick and then loaded up Autodesk Inventor view and loaded up from the stick.. Still no nuts & bolts on view. Also there were yellow axis's visible that are not visible on the original assembly and  highlighting of items also in yellow.

I know a lot of this would be simple to cure for you chaps but as I said I'm very new to Inventor and struggling a bit!

Is using items from the content centre similar to using x-refs in 2D CAD where the drawing looks for a drawing on a different drive and the drawing needs to be bound if sending?

Message 7 of 8
ampster401

while in the P&G window, select the "Copy to Single Path" option.

HTH

edit, if you have not had real training yet, get it.

About Pack n Go, there's two separate areas when it comes to this.

The first is the "raw" data, Inventor keeps this in .idcl files that you'll never have to mess with.  You can ignore this portion.

The second part is when you choose to insert a CC (Content Center) part into an assembly.  This is when Inventor actually creates the CC part (from the raw data stored in the .icdl files) and stores an actual 3D model of it in a pre-defined area that is usually outside of where ever you are working.

Using the option I mentioned above in P&G will pull everything used to create the .iam file into a single folder and should appear when you open the .iam.

Note, you need to do the P&G on the .iam file.

Message 8 of 8
Gingerbread

That's worked fine. many thanks. Easy when you kow how!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums