Inventor General Discussion

Reply
*Keller, Kent
Message 1 of 10 (47 Views)

It is the time of year for wishlists isn't it?

47 Views, 9 Replies
12-09-2002 01:58 AM
I sure would like to be able to multiselect features in a browser and get to the
properties to change the color. Most times if I have any features that is going to be a
different color I have more than one.

--
Kent
Member of the Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program
*McConnell, Cory
Message 2 of 10 (47 Views)

Re: It is the time of year for wishlists isn't it?

12-09-2002 02:03 AM in reply to: *Keller, Kent
Good idea!!

--
Cory McConnell
BJ pipeline Inspection
"Kent Keller" wrote in message
news:8B0BD6D484280CA1D77FCE75CD9C0E70@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> I sure would like to be able to multiselect features in a browser and get
to the
> properties to change the color. Most times if I have any features that is
going to be a
> different color I have more than one.
>
> --
> Kent
> Member of the Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program
>
>
>
*Koch, Erich
Message 3 of 10 (47 Views)

Re: It is the time of year for wishlists isn't it?

12-09-2002 05:31 AM in reply to: *Keller, Kent
Kent, I have been wishing and waiting for that one also.
I could have used it soooo many times.

Erich

Kent Keller wrote:

> I sure would like to be able to multiselect features in a browser and get to the
> properties to change the color. Most times if I have any features that is going to be a
> different color I have more than one.
>
> --
> Kent
> Member of the Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program
*Dotson, Sean
Message 4 of 10 (47 Views)

Re:

12-09-2002 05:44 AM in reply to: *Keller, Kent
The strange thing is you CAN multiselect faces (and change their color) but
not features....

--
Sean Dotson, PE
http://www.sdotson.com
Check the Inventor FAQ for most common questions
http://www.sdotson.com/faq.html
-----------------------------------------
"Erich Koch" wrote in message
news:3DF50BCB.C3E0D592@aerovironment.com...
> Kent, I have been wishing and waiting for that one also.
> I could have used it soooo many times.
>
> Erich
>
> Kent Keller wrote:
>
> > I sure would like to be able to multiselect features in a browser and
get to the
> > properties to change the color. Most times if I have any features that
is going to be a
> > different color I have more than one.
> >
> > --
> > Kent
> > Member of the Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program
>
*Keller, Kent
Message 5 of 10 (47 Views)

Re:

12-09-2002 06:23 AM in reply to: *Keller, Kent
And properties should have every changeable thing about them in the dialog. You should be
able to change the name, the feature value(s), the color, the plane name or feature it is
based off of, etc.

In my PCB program I can select any number of things, and if some don't have all the
features that gets grayed out in the property dialog. I suppose you could end up
selecting so many different things that the whole dialog would be grayed out but I have
never seen it.

--
Kent
Member of the Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program


"Erich Koch" wrote in message
news:3DF50BCB.C3E0D592@aerovironment.com...
> Kent, I have been wishing and waiting for that one also.
> I could have used it soooo many times.
>
> Erich
*Keller, Kent
Message 6 of 10 (47 Views)

Re:

12-09-2002 06:34 AM in reply to: *Keller, Kent
And no tabs in the dialog !!! 8^)

--
Kent
Member of the Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program


"Kent Keller" wrote in message
news:A539068FFD9BF94945D9098183897356@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> And properties should have every changeable thing about them in the dialog.
*Dotson, Sean
Message 7 of 10 (47 Views)

Re:

12-09-2002 07:13 AM in reply to: *Keller, Kent
Amen brother!

--
Sean Dotson, PE
http://www.sdotson.com
Check the Inventor FAQ for most common questions
www.sdotson.com/faq.html
"Kent Keller" wrote in message
news:340EFB7C4BDF1011AAD3FEE9971B0650@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> And no tabs in the dialog !!! 8^)
>
> --
> Kent
> Member of the Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program
>
>
> "Kent Keller" wrote in message
> news:A539068FFD9BF94945D9098183897356@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > And properties should have every changeable thing about them in the
dialog.
>
>
*Taylor, Tracey
Message 8 of 10 (47 Views)

Re: It is the time of year for wishlists isn't it?

12-09-2002 09:03 PM in reply to: *Keller, Kent
since you are wishing......

(i'm on iv5.0sp2) has the "bounce" in the browser been eliminated yet? i
hate clicking on something in the browser to expand it or unexpand it (my
new word of the day since i can't think of the proper word this morning) and
then have to figure out where in the browser it jumped to.

--
-What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?
************************
Tracey Taylor
remove NS to reply
************************


"Kent Keller" wrote in message
news:8B0BD6D484280CA1D77FCE75CD9C0E70@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> I sure would like to be able to multiselect features in a browser and get
to the
> properties to change the color. Most times if I have any features that is
going to be a
> different color I have more than one.
>
> --
> Kent
> Member of the Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program
>
>
>
*Laimer, Leo
Message 9 of 10 (47 Views)

Re:

12-09-2002 10:40 PM in reply to: *Keller, Kent
It got even worse...
Now the browser is centering horizontally on most of the actions, and then
you're missing the tree symbols and the beginning of all entries, and the
end.
Very, very bad (unless you have a dual 21" screen setup)

Regards,
--
Leo Laimer
Maschinen- und Fertigungstechnik
A-4820 Bad Ischl - Austria



"Tracey Taylor" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:8EDC26AF50BE0074828BDDDEF0C7A2BB@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> since you are wishing......
>
> (i'm on iv5.0sp2) has the "bounce" in the browser been eliminated yet? i
> hate clicking on something in the browser to expand it or unexpand it (my
> new word of the day since i can't think of the proper word this morning)
and
> then have to figure out where in the browser it jumped to.
>
> --
> -What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?
> ************************
> Tracey Taylor
> remove NS to reply
> ************************
>
>
> "Kent Keller" wrote in message
> news:8B0BD6D484280CA1D77FCE75CD9C0E70@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > I sure would like to be able to multiselect features in a browser and
get
> to the
> > properties to change the color. Most times if I have any features that
is
> going to be a
> > different color I have more than one.
> >
> > --
> > Kent
> > Member of the Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program
> >
> >
> >
>
>
*Taylor, Tracey
Message 10 of 10 (47 Views)

Re:

12-10-2002 03:23 AM in reply to: *Keller, Kent
sounds like it didn't change at all, my 5.0 does the horizontal shift too.
if i'm really getting annoyed while searching the browser for something i'll
make it wide just to overcome that annoyance and then slim it back down
after i'm done. so the vertical bounce bothers me more since i can't do
anything about it.

--
-What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?
************************
Tracey Taylor
remove NS to reply
************************


"Leo Laimer" wrote in message
news:8F8382135AF0CE42F8FD4E4B19018067@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> It got even worse...
> Now the browser is centering horizontally on most of the actions, and then
> you're missing the tree symbols and the beginning of all entries, and the
> end.
> Very, very bad (unless you have a dual 21" screen setup)
>
> Regards,
> --
> Leo Laimer
> Maschinen- und Fertigungstechnik
> A-4820 Bad Ischl - Austria
>
>
>
> "Tracey Taylor" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:8EDC26AF50BE0074828BDDDEF0C7A2BB@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > since you are wishing......
> >
> > (i'm on iv5.0sp2) has the "bounce" in the browser been eliminated yet?
i
> > hate clicking on something in the browser to expand it or unexpand it
(my
> > new word of the day since i can't think of the proper word this morning)
> and
> > then have to figure out where in the browser it jumped to.
> >
> > --
> > -What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?
> > ************************
> > Tracey Taylor
> > remove NS to reply
> > ************************
> >
> >
> > "Kent Keller" wrote in message
> > news:8B0BD6D484280CA1D77FCE75CD9C0E70@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > > I sure would like to be able to multiselect features in a browser and
> get
> > to the
> > > properties to change the color. Most times if I have any features
that
> is
> > going to be a
> > > different color I have more than one.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Kent
> > > Member of the Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program
> > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.