Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with what appears to be a chamfer on button maker handle

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
kylekieffer96
900 Views, 10 Replies

Issue with what appears to be a chamfer on button maker handle

During spring break I decided to get ahead in my engineering class. I have run into some trouble modeling this part to be exactly like the one in the plans. I have looked on youtube and have found other easy parts of this project discussed but not this one if anyone can give me an idea on what I should try to do to create this it would be very helpful. I couldn't find a picture of just the handle so I have attached the word document that has everything in it.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
JDMather
in reply to: kylekieffer96

Attach your *.ipt file here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 11

This is as close as I could get. I used two different extrudes to create the feature at the end. There has to be an easy way to do this right?

Message 4 of 11
JDMather

See attached.

(actually I decided I would not use either of these - but they do show a couple of techniques)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 5 of 11

Thanks so much! The first one with the revolve worked for me! In the future I might make a video for this because I bet my class will have questions about this. You have saved me and my teacher a great headache in trying to figure this out.

Message 6 of 11
JDMather

Are you interested in a slightly "improved" technique?

Message 7 of 11
kylekieffer96
in reply to: JDMather

Sure I'm always open for different prespectives on things. Helps you think outside the box more especially when you are let out of the box haha

Message 8 of 11
JDMather

Well not sure this is really any better, and I did cheat a bit on how I located the holes (compared to dimensioning).

Message 9 of 11
kylekieffer96

That makes sense to do it that way. Mine look exactly like that so I got it. My teacher said from the beginning that there is multiple ways of modeling a part. None of them are wrong as long as you still have the same dimensions as the person next to you. Some ways are just faster than others. Thanks so much!

Message 10 of 11
JDMather

Take the mouse away from me - here is another example.

Message 11 of 11
kylekieffer96

lol thats enough examples while you're at it why dont you make the whole thing? (you dont have all the parts on that paper) lol Again thanks for the help i only have one more sub assembly to create then I will be able to create the whole thing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report