Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Rendered IDW views

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
MikeDiyer
342 Views, 4 Replies

Issue with Rendered IDW views

Inventor 2014 - Having an issue with a rendered detail view. I've created a custom style library changing layer linetypes, annotations, etc. and thinking it may be the issue...

I've created a rendered view, then create a rendered detail view from that. All is well until I save, get out of it and back in. At that point, the rendered detail view is just gray, no detail, no color... See atttached.

Is there a specific layer linetype scale which may effect this?

Thanks, Mike.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
cwhetten
in reply to: MikeDiyer

I tested this and didn't see the problem.  Maybe a graphics hardware / driver issue?  What graphics card do you have, and do you have the latest driver from the manufacturer (NVIDIA or AMD)?

Are you using a custom texture file, or is that one that came with Inventor?  I wonder if there are some appearance library hijinks going on.

Cameron Whetten
Inventor 2014

Message 3 of 5
jtylerbc

Are the main and detail views all referencing the same view representation?

Message 4 of 5
MikeDiyer
in reply to: cwhetten

Yeah, I think it's an Appearance issue. The rendered part is basically a board with a sketch set off the face with another extrusion (representing MDF with laminate facing). I changed the second extrusion, the lamiante, to have the appearance of the customer selected color, while leaving the main body looking like MDF. I somehow think this caused conflicts, as when I went in and cleared the appearance overide, the rendering showed up.

Note: this didn't resolve the problem, as when I changed it back to the selected laminate color, again turned to gray on the drawing.... I'll just have to work around it.

Thanks for the help.

Message 5 of 5
cwhetten

Can you post your part?  It would help us diagnose the problem much easier.

It might be a simple fix, or a workflow issue (meaning, if you do it a slightly different way, the problem goes away).  I guess my point is, you might not need a workaround, but we don't have enough info on the problem to say for sure.

Cameron Whetten
Inventor 2014

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report