Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue using custom frame profiles in different projects

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
CTravert
389 Views, 5 Replies

Issue using custom frame profiles in different projects

Hi all, thanks for looking at this issue.

I have been working on this previous project "A" and I realized a few custom frame profile such as Bosch Strut and Din rails. Now I am done with project "A" and I am moving onto a new project we are going to call project "B".

In this new project "B" I setup all my libraries as I would normally do, but once I start creating frames, I do not see any of the custom frame profile from my past project "A" even though I added my libraries, which are identical from project "A" to "B".

What am I missing?

Clement Travert
Electro Hydraulic Machinery
www.ehmcompany.com
XI PowerGO XT
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
Intel Core i7-4930MX CPU @ 3.00GHz
32.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @1600MHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4GB Ram
240GB SSD/500GB HDD
Autodesk Product Design Suite Premium 2014
5 REPLIES 5
Message 3 of 6
CTravert
in reply to: CTravert

I am using the frame generator with the content center and my own personal lbrary only.

No vault involved.

What I am asking basically is: how do I carry over a custom frame profile I generated in project A to a new project B.

I thought adding my libraries in my new project would do the trick but apparently I need to do more and I can't really quite figure out what?

I added two pictures to give you an idea.

the first shot is of the project where the custom profiles were designed. you can actually see them in the library of frame components.

The second shot is of my new project, which uses the same exact libraries and content center, but the custom profiles are missing in the list.

Clement Travert
www.ehmcompany.com
XI PowerGO XT
240GB SSD/500GB HDD
Message 4 of 6
cbenner
in reply to: CTravert

Can you show me your new project file?  You said you added the library to the new project? (.ipj)

I've always gone by the "single project" method.  One project file to control everything, an then I use Windows folder structure to distinguish jobs by Job #.  That way I don't have to keep re-locating the CC.

Message 5 of 6
CTravert
in reply to: cbenner

Nevermind,

I found out that even though I added the libraries in my project paths, They were not enabled therefore not showing in the frame generator window.

I just re-enabled them and everything is back to normal.

Clement Travert
www.ehmcompany.com
XI PowerGO XT
240GB SSD/500GB HDD

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report