Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue Resolving Constraints

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
vanagonjon
273 Views, 2 Replies

Issue Resolving Constraints

Screen Shot 2013-10-12 at 1.15.43 AM.jpg

I have an issue thats been bugging me all day. I am trying to connect a clevis end from a pnumatic cylinder to a lever arm attached to a pivoting rod. I cannot seem to get inventor to accept the constraint of the clevis pin and pivoting rod mated to the lever arm at the same time without a conflicting contraints error. I analized the DOF's for the clinder and the lever arm and I can see they have the correct rotational freedom to find a solution. I am including a link to download the project folder for anyone that thinks they can help. My ultimate goal is to have a driven constraint for the push rod of the cylinder move the arm, actuating the flap attahed to the pivoting rod.

I am using 2013 on a MBP running VMware. 

Thanks in advance!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31757665/Actuate%20Magnet%20Feeder.zip

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: vanagonjon

Side  Asm.iam needs to be set to Flexable.

T1W-13E100000N_Arod.prt needs to have the Flush constraint set to be set to Limits.

I would probably uncheck Adaptivity for parts that are adaptive.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
vanagonjon
in reply to: vanagonjon

That got it, thanks! I had been using flexible before but had trouble getting the constraints to mesh in other areas. I thought for some reason that flexible wouldn't be necessary to find the static solution but I was wrong. I set limit on the flush constraint (something ive never done before) and I can manipulate the lever to its limits like I want.

The issue I have now is how to drive the motion of the assembly, I can create a driven constant between the rod and the cylinder but that has no importance at the top level since all higher order constraints are suppressed. If I create constraints on the components at the top assembly level my model becomes over constrained. How can I simulate the assembly with out manually manipulating the geometry?

Thanks again for your help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report