Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue displaying projected lines when using breaks...help?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
hhls11
559 Views, 6 Replies

Issue displaying projected lines when using breaks...help?

Hi everyone,

I have a drawing of an assembly and have a sectioned view so as to see the internals. The assembly is very long so I've used 3 breaks to shorten it to fit the page. What I'm wanting to do is create a sketch and project the geometries of several parts so I can fill them in with color. The problem I'm having is when I click the lines I want projected, the lines don't form over the part but form where I assume they would be if there were no breaks on the view. I do this all the time and it works fine, but it's usually with only 1 break. I'm thinking it's the 3 breaks that are causing the problem. Do you guys know what I might be able to do to get this to work right? 

Thanks in advance!

Inventor Professional 2021
Intel Core i7-9700K @ 3.60Ghz
16GB DDR4 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Super GPU
Windows 10 Professional 64-bit
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Xun.Zhang
in reply to: hhls11

Hi hhls,

Could you provide an image about the issue, datasets will be better.

Contact with Sketch expert Evan, issue will be addressed and reply soon.

Thanks!

Xun
Message 3 of 7
hhls11
in reply to: Xun.Zhang

I have attached photos of what I would like to do and what happens when I try to do it. I know one way I can fill the box with color is to change the hatching settings (scale, etc.), but I will also be drawing lines in this sketch and doing so would still give me the same problem. 

Thanks again in advance for your help.

16GB DDR4 RAM
Message 4 of 7
dan_inv09

Here's a suggestion someone came up with that might work in your case

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Break-view-alignment/m-p/2629715/highlight/true#M366...

(It would be nicer if it would just work correctly.)

I did a search "break view sketch" and came up with that along with others.

This looks like someone posted a data-set for someone from Autodesk

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Inventor-2012-Drawing-Views-Crops-amp-View-Breaks/m-...

If I had time to look through more search results or try different searches I'm sure we could find more times that this problem has been brought up, it's been like this for quite a few versions. If someone is finally actually going to be working on fixing it, we should be giving them every bit of help we can.

Message 5 of 7
stevetrudeau

Unable to reproduce here using an internal version. What version of Inventor are you using?

Message 6 of 7
hhls11
in reply to: stevetrudeau

I'm using inventor professional 2013

16GB DDR4 RAM
Message 7 of 7
EvanGu

I can reproduce the issue with Inventor 2013, #1470387 is logged in tracking system. Thank you for reporting this.

Regards,

Evan

Evan Gu
Inventor/Fusion QA Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report