Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iso/ObliqueText in Isometric View

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
amalynn
2087 Views, 8 Replies

Iso/ObliqueText in Isometric View

I wanted to create an isometric text in isometric view to indicate different names in different part.
Attached is the picture for reference.I did it using dimension, check the "hide dimension" option.
But i can't hide the extension line.

Anyone know how to create an isometric text?
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
cwhetten
in reply to: amalynn

You can rotate the text using the Text tool (not the Leader Text tool). See the attached image. You can choose from the drop down list, or you can enter a custom angle by just typing in the field. This will rotate the text around an axis perpendicular to the screen.

The result is not exactly like the oblique text you show in your image. It doesn't look like the text is lying in one of the isometric planes, but at least you can line it up with the part edges in your isometric view.

I don't know of any other way to do it. I tried creating the text in the part itself by sketching on one of the part faces, but drawing views will only display sketches that are on planes perpendicular to the view. I guess you could extrude the text a teeny tiny bit, but then you have a feature that will show up in all of your views and that seems less than ideal.

I hope this helps.

-cwhetten
Message 3 of 9
amalynn

Thanks...
If can get exactly the text as in isometric dimension's then
that will be the best....

Others feel free to chip in.
Message 4 of 9
-niels-

Here's my chip then.
I managed to get the attached screenie by using a dimension style with the settings provided and some manual labor.
Meaning: i had to remove the side extension lines by right-clicking and selecting "hide extension line", then selecting the dimension and after another right-click choosing "options" and unchecking "arrowheads inside"
The result leaves you with 2 very small dots (0.01mm) where the arrows normally would be, but these are hardly visible.

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Message 5 of 9
amalynn

Hi Niels.

Thanks for the reply.
I followed the steps..setting line weight to be 0.01mm
but the line below the text is still visible (see attachment)
Message 6 of 9
-niels-

Ok, check if you did the "arrowheads inside" step i described and make sure your settings are set to hide the line.
(from your screenshot i can see you missed that setting, it's the left of the rectangular dropdown buttons below the "size (X)" field.)

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Message 7 of 9
amalynn

HI Niels,

Thanks...Finally got it.
Message 8 of 9
RogerTheShrubber
in reply to: -niels-

I arrived at the same solution.  If you modify the dimension style Line:Color = white (Display Tab), the dots will disappear.  There is also a 'Hide Extension Lines' option Dimension Styles (using inventor 2012).

Message 9 of 9

There are also arrow placement options in the Options Tab of the Dimension Styles dialog.  Using all these options there is no modification necessaty after placement of the dimension, other than modifying the text.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report