Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is this new? Edit Symbol - inventor 2015

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
acanfield
393 Views, 6 Replies

is this new? Edit Symbol - inventor 2015

EditSymbol.JPG

I can see this on my machine but not a colleagues, any ideas why? (their right click menu is different & Edit Symbol does not appear)

Generally looking for a way to resize the machining symbol, this does it, are there any other ways? 

Can't find a reference in styles & standards.

Thanks

Andrew

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
cbenner
in reply to: acanfield

I don't see this on my system.  I don't see this even mentioned in the Help.....but what is that Quadro I see in your toolbars?  Is that a third party package that maybe added something to your menus?

Message 3 of 7
johnsonshiue

Hi! The command is available for quite a few releases. I guess you are editing a user defined symbol, not the standard GD&T symbol generated by Drawing commands.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 4 of 7
acanfield
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Hello John

It's the standard machining symbol that needs resizing.

Thanks

Andrew

Message 5 of 7
acanfield
in reply to: cbenner

Hello Chris

The add -in is on a colleagues machine also, but they don't see the 'Edit Symbol' either!

I like the 'Edit Symbol', glad I have it!

Not sure why other don't!

Andrew

Message 6 of 7
cbenner

@acanfield wrote:

Hello John

It's the standard machining symbol that needs resizing.

Thanks

Andrew

I DO see this on custom symbols... I checked it on a Standard symbol because that's what your image showed you selecting.  I suspect your standard machining symbol is not as standard as it appears.  😉  Did you or someone else copy it to a custom user symbol, maybe to add some notes to it or something?

Message 7 of 7
okaleja

Hi,

This looks like a symbol created by the ESKD addin. Could you please check if you have this addin loaded (check for 'ESKD Support' in Tools -> Add-Ins) ? I believe this addin replaces the default annotation tab by its own version and creates custom symbols.

Hope this helps,

Oto Kaleja

Autodesk

Oto Kaleja
Software Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report