Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this goofy or am I <G>

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
Anonymous
483 Views, 13 Replies

Is this goofy or am I <G>

Is this goofy or am I just missing something obvious Open the IDW, and add the REV sketched symbol Enter the propmpted entries, and ok out of the dialog. Notice the Date to the left, and the rev to the right of it. Now edit the field text, and notice that the values you put in for Rev Letter and Rev Date are swapped. -- Kent Keller Autodesk Discussion Forum Facilitator
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Ok I know you're on 9, so I'm not gonna even bother . . . "Kent Keller" wrote in message news:413e1e5a_1@newsprd01... > Is this goofy or am I just missing something obvious > > > Open the IDW, and add the REV sketched symbol Enter the propmpted entries, > and ok out of the dialog. Notice the Date to the left, and the rev to the > right of it. Now edit the field text, and notice that the values you put in > for Rev Letter and Rev Date are swapped. > > > -- > Kent Keller > Autodesk Discussion Forum Facilitator > > > >
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous

Yes, this is goofy. I noticed that I could fix the symbol by editing the field text. I will make sure this is in our system. Thanks, Harold
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous

Kent, Do you have a pre-R9 version of this file? Harold
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous

Hi Harold This is the R8 version. I did change a lot of stuff in my sketched symbols when I migrated them to R9. Figured since I was doing all the Styles stuff anyhow, I might as well clean up some of the sketched symbols. So I don't think it happened on migration,... was probably when I was editing it? -- Kent Keller Autodesk Discussion Forum Facilitator "Harold Lee (Autodesk)" wrote in message news:413e5c3e$1_1@newsprd01... > Kent, > > Do you have a pre-R9 version of this file? > > Harold > >
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous

Good news Kent. A colleague of mine has just verfiied that this issue has been fixed in a in-developement version of the software. Harold
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous

Thanks Harold. Good to know it wasn't just me being goofy this time around ;~) -- Kent Keller Autodesk Discussion Forum Facilitator "Harold Lee (Autodesk)" wrote in message news:413f42a9$1_1@newsprd01... > Good news Kent. > > A colleague of mine has just verfiied that this issue has been fixed in a > in-developement version of the software. > > Harold > >
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous

Speaking of flaky prompted entries: did the problem with formatting prompted entries get fixed also? That is, when placing a prompted entry in a title block or sketched symbol, I am unable to override any character formatting: typeface, size, bold/italic/underline. This only occurs for prompted entries, not for plain text nor for property fields. My attempts to change the size of title block prompted entries result in the entry appearing to have the correct size, except for the opening < . When edited, the characters "\F5;" appear before the prompt text. When the prompted entry is filled in, the displayed text reverts to the standard. -- Sam Bixler Eli Lilly and Company, Indianapolis "Harold Lee (Autodesk)" wrote in message news:413f42a9$1_1@newsprd01... > Good news Kent. > > A colleague of mine has just verfiied that this issue has been fixed in a > in-developement version of the software. > > Harold > >
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous

Sam, We are painfully aware of this defect and other defects concerning editing of prompted texts (references 561766 and 587688) Unfortunately the fixes will not make it into R9Sp1 but will be incorporated in a later release. Bob "Sam Bixler" wrote in message news:413f559d$1_2@newsprd01... > Speaking of flaky prompted entries: did the problem with formatting prompted > entries get fixed also? That is, when placing a prompted entry in a title > block or sketched symbol, I am unable to override any character formatting: > typeface, size, bold/italic/underline. This only occurs for prompted > entries, not for plain text nor for property fields. My attempts to change > the size of title block prompted entries result in the entry appearing to > have the correct size, except for the opening < . When edited, the > characters "\F5;" appear before the prompt text. When the prompted entry is > filled in, the displayed text reverts to the standard. > -- > Sam Bixler > Eli Lilly and Company, Indianapolis
Message 10 of 14
Anonymous

Thanks for the reply, even though it is bad news. There are workarounds, so we won't be dead in the water. -- Sam Bixler Eli Lilly and Company, Indianapolis "Bob Van der Donck (Autodesk)" wrote in message news:414071d1$1_1@newsprd01... > Sam, > > We are painfully aware of this defect and other defects concerning editing of prompted texts (references 561766 and 587688) > Unfortunately the fixes will not make it into R9Sp1 but will be incorporated in a later release. > > Bob
Message 11 of 14
pviellieux

I am having this problem in SP4 - am I missing something??
Message 12 of 14
pviellieux

I am having this problem in SP4 - am I missing something??
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous

Can you post an example or send it to me at
haroldleeautodeskcom?

Thanks,

Harold Lee
Inventor QA
Message 14 of 14
pviellieux

Harold,

Sorry, my bad - the machine in question was NOT up to date, it was pre-SP1.

Thanks anyways.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report