Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a known issue?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
131 Views, 5 Replies

Is this a known issue?

I posted this one before Christmas, but didn't get much of a response. Is
this a bug, or am I just not understanding the logic?

What is going on here? This came up in another model. I just created this
one to see if I could reproduce it. Change the angle of 'work plane 1' from
57 to 56. Instead of the hole starting at the center and ending at the
plane, it starts at the plane and goes to the surface opposite of the center
point.

I'm trying to create a feature that terminates on a 60 degree plane so it is
giving me a lot of greif. I guess I can offset 'work plane 1' 30 degrees
from the xy origin plane to get around it, but I don't understand why this
is happening.

--
Kevin Wehner

--
Kevin Wehner

Attachment not added (too large): "Part1.zip"
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I can't see your attachment (file too large) on the web, but this sounds like a situation where you might want to click on the MORE tab in the extrusion dialog box and select Alternate Solution or Minimum Solution. Can you roll up the end of part marker and get the file under 1MB so it links attachment on the web side? J.D.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

It does sound like one of those situations, but there is no 'More' button in the hole dialog box. Maybe one needs to be added. Also, the marker is rolled up and the zip file size is 53.2kB. -- Kevin Wehner "JDMATHER" wrote in message news:24850502.1073438541389.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I can't see your attachment (file too large) on the web, but this sounds like a situation where you might want to click on the MORE tab in the extrusion dialog box and select Alternate Solution or Minimum Solution. Can you roll up the end of part marker and get the file under 1MB so it links attachment on the web side? J.D.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

I can't see you file, the web browser says "file too large". I guess I assumed that you used an extruded circle to create the hole. From your description I am not quite sure how to try to reproduce the problem. Sure wish I could see the file cause I learn more from when things don't go as expected then when they do. J.D.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

I'd e-mail it to you but...."nospam@address.withheld". -- Kevin Wehner "JDMATHER" wrote in message news:4505070.1073481802552.JavaMail.javamailuser@localhost... > I can't see you file, the web browser says "file too large". I guess I assumed that you used an extruded circle to create the hole. From your description I am not quite sure how to try to reproduce the problem. Sure wish I could see the file cause I learn more from when things don't go as expected then when they do. J.D.
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

jmatheratpctdotedu
Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report