Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
115 Views, 3 Replies

Is there a way?

I was wondering if there is a way to do this.
I think it would be very handy if there were a few buttons that could be placed in toolbar for Commonly used dim style.
Especially for IDW environment.

Reason: I am constantly changing the dimesnion style when dimensioning. I only use 3 styles. 3-place, 4-place & Fractional. Would be great if i had a button for this to simply click instead of clicking the combo box and scrolling then selecting.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

This sounds like you havn't removed (purged) all your unused dimensions styles...
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

I have 4 in the list, The default "by standard" that isthere. And the 3 that i use.

I know it's not that big a deal. but a few extra clicks is a few extra clicks.

Now i click the arrow by the combo box, then click the style i want. that DOES work.

But i have plenty of room in the Toolbar at the top for a few more buttons.
And if i could have a button for a style it would save an extra click.
Could be very helpful if i needed to have say 10 dim styles.
Actually i could use a few more for some special dimensioning which currenty i just edit that dim as i need to, (I add deviation tolerance)
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

I would just slap all my dims in at once, THEN, change the ones you need to the other style....a little different workflow...but thats me.. "rimo625" wrote in message news:22935334.1093011543127.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I have 4 in the list, The default "by standard" that isthere. And the 3 that i use. > > I know it's not that big a deal. but a few extra clicks is a few extra clicks. > > Now i click the arrow by the combo box, then click the style i want. that DOES work. > > But i have plenty of room in the Toolbar at the top for a few more buttons. > And if i could have a button for a style it would save an extra click. > Could be very helpful if i needed to have say 10 dim styles. > Actually i could use a few more for some special dimensioning which currenty i just edit that dim as i need to, (I add deviation tolerance)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report