Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to sort in the Content Center Editor? (and keep it that way)

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
lkrenzler
961 Views, 3 Replies

Is there a way to sort in the Content Center Editor? (and keep it that way)

I had some custom square tubing (based on ANSI HSS) in a family table.  Then later I decided to add some more.  Now it shows up at the bottom of the list when I go to place it even though I want it at the top.

I've tried sorting every way I can think of, but when I close the editor and open it again, it's in the wrong order again.  Anyone know of any way to keep it sorted the way you want it?

In the second image, items 74, 75 and 76 should be at the top but they really don't want to go there.

Table1.jpg

Table2.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inventor Pro 2019 - Win. 10 - GeForce GTX 1080 .
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jingyi.liu
in reply to: lkrenzler

Hi,

So far, Inventor CC doesn't support to keep the sorting. Keys may vary from families, my understanding, it's hardly to keep a sorting result for every family.

In your case, CC will display all members in its default order in database, since you add all your members to the end of records, that's not strange to see you current result. There is one workaround for you,  you can edit the family table by Excel, and cut the row and paste it to proper position, save it and exit Excel. Next time,  it will show you the correct sequence when you edit the family.

Jingyi Liu

Inventor Product Manager
Message 3 of 4
lkrenzler
in reply to: jingyi.liu

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inventor Pro 2019 - Win. 10 - GeForce GTX 1080 .
Message 4 of 4
mbasham4GF8K
in reply to: jingyi.liu

Looks like there is no way to sort at placement level. Would this be correct?

Smallest diameter to largest?

mbasham4GF8K_1-1640721229135.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report