Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a Walk-Through View?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
761 Views, 5 Replies

Is there a Walk-Through View?

Hello. My employer is asking me to build some PR assemblies to show "What it could look like". I have large structures already built in Inventor11, however it would be nice to "build" the room in inventor, then place my assembly in thus room to show size, fit, etc.

If I were to do all this, I would like it to seem as if I were walking through the room, looking at the structure. Kind of like a first person perspective of the structure.

Is this possible with Inventor11? Is there a "Walk-Around" view that could be used? I would hate to have to spend the time setting up cameras and lighting in Inventor Studio, and then render it all.

Any ideas?
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

in 2008 there is now a Steering Wheel that allows for a "walk-thru" camera manipulation.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

See if this does what you're after:

http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?messageID=5341615

-Paul Cunningham
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

DVanDoren,

The following is some suggestions from graphics development team:
I also think exporting your assembly to DWF then use SteeringWheels walk tool from Autodesk Design Review (free download) would be
another option you may want to consider.

I think the best suggestion (for pre-NavTool versions like R11) would be to spend the money ($59-$99) to get a 3Dconnexions
space-puck controller (http://3dconnexion.com). I know we don’t generally recommend hardware, but there’s nothing better for view
navigation than a space-puck.

Next best would be to move through the scene (assuming you’ve set the view to Perspective) by alternately doing
• F4 (rotate) – click on a point in the scene to set the “target” point
• F3 (zoom) – zoom toward the “target” point

Hope this helps,
-Sami KOZONO
Autodesk Inventor Framework QA
Message 5 of 6
mcgyvr

Can't a camera follow a path now (R2009)??

I thought that was added this release but maybe not.
Thats the best way and how its usually done with other programs like 3dsmax.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Yes, you can have the camera follow a path in 2009.
--
Bill Bogan - Autodesk, Inc. - MSD, Inventor

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report