Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is there a "hidden line" view option in inventor 2013?

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
940 Views, 1 Reply

is there a "hidden line" view option in inventor 2013?

In solidworks there's a "hidden line" option that displays a 3d part with all its sketch lines (instead of a regular solid) which allows the user to view all the different sides of the part easily. So I was wondering if there's such an option in autodesk inventor 2013. Currently, to view all the different sides and aspects of a part easily, i have been changing the part's material to polycarbone or some other plastic material; this makes the part a little translucent. But this is less effective than the hidden line vew availble in solidworks. do you guys know of any other method  that makes different parts of a 3d part more easily to be viewed? 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Inv_kaos
in reply to: Anonymous

View tab, appearance panel, change to 'shaded with hidden edges'.

If you want this changed for good, go to app options, display tab and select use application settings, then edit the setting s to use shaded with hidden edges. Or change the document settings of your template instead (however other users might not want this change).

Please mark as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question or "Kudos" if you found it useful.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stew, AICP
Inventor Professional 2013, Autodesk Simulation Multiphysics 2013
Windows 7 x64 Core i7 32GB Ram FX2000

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report