Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a program that changes the iproperties of multiple files at once?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
hheng1111
828 Views, 4 Replies

Is there a program that changes the iproperties of multiple files at once?

I have my projects in their own folders. When I start a new project, I copy an older project folder and paste to start a new project. I do this so i don't have to start modeling from scratch each time. The problem when i do this is i have to change the name and part number of each file to correspond to the new project number. This takes more time than i would like to spend doing it so is there a program that will let me do this in bulk? (change the part number of all the files through their iproperties) I typically have to use the design assistant and change the part number of each .ipt file one by one.

Thanks in advance!

Windows 7 64-bit
Inventor Pro 2015
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
SBix26
in reply to: hheng1111

For filenames there doesn't seem to be any good alternative to Design Assistant.  But for iProperties (such as Part Number), if you have a top level assembly that includes all of your parts, use the BOM editor to handle iProperties.  Much faster and easier than DA.

Message 3 of 5
PACDrafting
in reply to: SBix26

How about using vault for file name changes.
Message 4 of 5
SBix26
in reply to: PACDrafting

Certainly.  I assumed that the OP isn't using Vault.

Message 5 of 5
akhidrosyidi
in reply to: SBix26

how to make changes in the iproperty of 3D  design (*ipt) of reusable design ( in the previous project ) without losing history , for example, change the number of projects. but I can still keep track of previous projects.

i use Inventor 2012 and Vault collaboration 2012.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report