Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to work with Inventor 2010 and Fusion 2012 on the same model?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
mrm01
206 Views, 1 Reply

Is it possible to work with Inventor 2010 and Fusion 2012 on the same model?

Two questions:

1. Can I edit part models that were developed in Inventor 2010 with Fusion 2012 then, after the complicated edit is made in Fusion, re-open the part in Inventor 2010 and continue the design?
  2. If the above is possible, how do I get the part back into Inventor 2010 after I edit it in Fusion.  Fusion only saves a dwg out which is just a surface map.  If I ingnore that and re-open the Inventor 2010 part, no visible changes are there.  Confused.

Thank you for the help.

Mike.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
mflayler2
in reply to: mrm01

In order to use the bidirectional capabilities of Fusion and Inventor you need to be on the same release so you need to go to Inventor 2012.

If you want to do complex changes and do not care about losing the feature tree you can do an import from the export of the Fusion DWG, but to the parametric updates back and forth you have to be on a newer Inventor.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Mark Flayler - Engagement Engineer

IMAGINiT Manufacturing Solutions Blog: https://resources.imaginit.com/manufacturing-solutions-blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report