Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is it possible to rename the YZ, XZ & XY planes

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
andrew.nao
691 Views, 6 Replies

is it possible to rename the YZ, XZ & XY planes

i would like to rename the default YZ, XZ & XY planes to say "front", "top" & "side" and keep it like that everytime i start a new part or assembly is this possible? i thought it was in the options but i dont see it am i missing it?
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mcgyvr
in reply to: andrew.nao

no..

do you have the "view cube" turned on? Its already got front/left/top..blah blah blah.. 

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2014/...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 7
ampster402

While you can rename the default workplanes just like user created workplanes, I don't know if you did that within the template files (and saved them as template files) if it will stick or not.

Try it.

Message 4 of 7
mcgyvr
in reply to: ampster402

@ampster402 wrote:

While you can rename the default workplanes just like user created workplanes, I don't know if you did that within the template files (and saved them as template files) if it will stick or not.

Try it.

ah yes.. maybe thats what he meant.. doh...

I was assuming for some reason the origin 3d indicator.. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 7
swalton

I renamed the orgin planes in my part template files years ago.  I had to wait until we moved to IV 2014 to rename the orgin planes in the assembly templates.

Steve Walton
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Inventor 2023
Vault Professional 2023
Message 6 of 7
chrisjuk12

Hi Andrew,

You can permanently change the names of the origin planes by renaming them in the part file then saving that part as your standard template.

1. Rename planes

2. Application button>Save as>Save as template>standard.ipt

Regards,

Chris

Message 7 of 7
andrew.nao
in reply to: chrisjuk12

thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report