Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to move a 2D sketch vertically?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
oransen
2992 Views, 3 Replies

Is it possible to move a 2D sketch vertically?

Is it possible to move a 2D sketch vertically? I have a sketch on the XY plane, but I'd like to move it up to another entity.

I can see how to do it in 2D (in the XY) plane, but not along the X axis.

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CCarreiras
in reply to: oransen

Hi!!

If you do it in the XY plane, you cant do that, because you cant move the original planes, axis and center point.

But... if you do your sketch in a new work plane, you can vary the "vertical" position of that plane, and so, the skecth come with the plane for a new "vertical " position.

If you have a sketch in a plane, and want to repeat tha sketch in another plane but in a different "vertical", along the Z axis, first you create the plane in that vertical position and then, open a new sketch and copy the original sketch by using the "project geometry tool". Both sketchs will remain associative.

Regards.

solution.png  Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or  Kudos button below.

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
mrattray
in reply to: oransen

You could also RMB on the original sketch and use "redefine" to change the plane that the sketch uses. The sketch will usually need some repair work afterwards, but leaves you with one sketch where it belongs instead of two.
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 4 of 4
oransen
in reply to: mrattray

Thanks for the tip, I'll try it. I had to look up RMB though (Right Mouse Button)!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report