Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to duplicate a Material within the same Physical Assets?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Orest_iy
334 Views, 2 Replies

Is it possible to duplicate a Material within the same Physical Assets?

When I duplicate the Material in the Material Browser all appearance and Physical properties are duplicated too.

So I must accept or assign the new unique names for appearance and Physical purposes of Material.

In my case I need, for example, the same Material with different appearance, for example knurled and regular.

I cannot save the new Material with existing Physical properties name and it makes unwanted copies like Steel(1), Steel(2) in Assets.

After I made a copy I can reassign the Physical properties back to existing but it takes a time of replacing assets and deleting unwanted copies.

Is it possible to make a copy within the same Physical Assets?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
blair
in reply to: Orest_iy

Yes you can, this link should help: http://help.autodesk.com/cloudhelp/2014/ENU/Inventor/files/GUID-15A55781-4AEA-4C34-9060-F25CF02EE3E5...

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 3
Orest_iy
in reply to: blair

Than you

I found the reqired solution

In the Material Editor toolbar, click , 0+ and then click Duplicate Material. A material is created from the selected material

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report