Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Is it possible to change the texture of the hatched area on an IDW?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
355 Views, 2 Replies

Is it possible to change the texture of the hatched area on an IDW?

The part I am detailing is a cast iron part, and I have appropriately changed the material appearance to match. On the IDW, a section view shows in the hatched area the same material as the non-hatched area. BUT, as we know, when we cut a cast iron part in half, the cut section of the part looks different then the outside.

Is there a way I can change the material appearance of the sectioned area of the part on the IDW, so it appears more obvious that it's a cut section?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mpatchus
in reply to: Anonymous

There is no automatic way to override a texture on a section face (that I know of).

One work around, although a bit tedious and annoying) would be to split the solid where you are going to create the section and apply a color override to the face.  Then align your section line with the split.

I wouldn't want to have to do this for every part I make, but in the odd instance it would be okay.

split.JPG

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. šŸ™‚
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: mpatchus

That will work perfect for this instance. Thanks for the suggestion!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report