Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IR8 = IRATE

35 REPLIES 35
Message 1 of 36
Anonymous
311 Views, 35 Replies

IR8 = IRATE

35 REPLIES 35
Message 21 of 36
lbordian
in reply to: Anonymous

Charles...

Very fine work. I applaud you.

Leonard Bordian
Message 22 of 36
Anonymous

Everytime I see hat engine I think of that procedure. I have attempted it a few times myself with mixed results and much hairloss. -- Cory McConnell BJ Pipeline Inspection Services Autodesk Inventor Certified Expert
Message 23 of 36
Anonymous

Moderators (Kent): So lemme get this straight, Autodesk can post a quote in thier dwf campaign calling PDF "crap" yet I can't say "peeing your pants in elation" without being edited.... oops I did it again. Dave
Message 24 of 36
Anonymous

Jimmy, What is the design view issue you're referring to. I cannot seem to get saved design views to work properly in the .idw. Is this the problem you're having? I do agree that this is the best release yet.....Jim "Jimmy" wrote in message news:3ffcb84a$1_1@statler... > I don't get it. One of the best releases yet. What exactly is your beef > besides the design view problem? > "dsmith5167" wrote in message > news:1168805.1073522423161.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > > 1 step foreword 2 steps back > >
Message 25 of 36
Anonymous

David: I think the solution is easy. Amongst ourselves we agree that DWFit is a, shall we say, four letter word (let's not get petty and count the letters). We can interpret it as '$#!@ it' and the genius behind the DWFit video, who is obviously the brain behind the IV 'Professional' debacle, can pat him(her)self on the back for all of the free advertising. I believe this is referred to as a win win situation. I'm in the pool for 4 years before DWFit makes it into the Oxford dictionary as a derogatory term. Richard David Radlin wrote: > Moderators (Kent): So lemme get this straight, Autodesk can post a quote in > thier dwf campaign calling PDF "crap" yet I can't say "peeing your pants in > elation" without being edited.... oops I did it again. > > Dave > >
Message 26 of 36
Anonymous

Actually, I'm not haveing any problems with design views. I was responding to dsmith5167 who I thought at the time had posted a problem with them. I can't seem to find the post now though. Maybe a server glitch or maybe a Jimmy glitch. "Jim Hagarty" wrote in message news:3ffdd493$1_2@statler... > Jimmy, > > What is the design view issue you're referring to. I cannot seem to get > saved design views to work properly in the .idw. Is this the problem you're > having? I do agree that this is the best release yet.....Jim > > > "Jimmy" wrote in message > news:3ffcb84a$1_1@statler... > > I don't get it. One of the best releases yet. What exactly is your beef > > besides the design view problem? > > "dsmith5167" wrote in message > > news:1168805.1073522423161.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > > > 1 step foreword 2 steps back > > > > > >
Message 27 of 36
Anonymous

(where'd I put those monitor wipes??) Of course the groups are held to a higher standard, David. You should know by now that no one smart enough to moderate a newsgroup would touch a job in advertising with a ten foot pole..... Walt
Message 28 of 36
Anonymous

Thank you for the compliment. For the record, the Indian is a bmp export from Inventor overlayed on a picture of my driveway. The linked picture of the engine was an export from Inventor to Presenter3D and the embedded jpeg in my posting was a bitmap export from Inventor. Anne Brown wrote: >It's not fair of you folk to post detailed photographs and call >them Inventor drawn work. Absolutely amazing! > >Anne > > > >>Charles Bliss wrote: >> >>As might be expected, I can't post work stuff (proprietary) but >>you can find smaller examples of the stuff I do for fun on my >>web site: >>http://www.cbliss.com/inventor/Images/BikeInYard.jpg (snip) >> >>
Message 29 of 36
Anonymous

LOL DWF (dwif) - noun - a derogatory term for a CAD professional who's ideas are a day late and a dollar short. Also characterized by putting down his/her competitors instead of allow his/her work to stand on it's own merits. "Did you hear how Bob was criticizing manufacturing the other day? He's such a DWF" You know in the short of it all the technology is great. I can't take a thing away from the development team. But the marketing is just abysmal. -- Sean Dotson, PE Autodesk Inventor Certified Expert http://www.sdotson.com Check the Inventor FAQ for most common questions www.sdotson.com/faq.html ----------------------------------------------------------------------- "Richard Hinterhoeller" wrote in message news:3ffdd850_1@statler... > David: > > I think the solution is easy. Amongst ourselves we agree that DWFit is > a, shall we say, four letter word (let's not get petty and count the > letters). > > We can interpret it as '$#!@ it' and the genius behind the DWFit video, > who is obviously the brain behind the IV 'Professional' debacle, can pat > him(her)self on the back for all of the free advertising. > > I believe this is referred to as a win win situation. > > I'm in the pool for 4 years before DWFit makes it into the Oxford > dictionary as a derogatory term. > > Richard > > > David Radlin wrote: > > Moderators (Kent): So lemme get this straight, Autodesk can post a quote in > > thier dwf campaign calling PDF "crap" yet I can't say "peeing your pants in > > elation" without being edited.... oops I did it again. > > > > Dave > > > > >
Message 30 of 36
Anonymous

Sean: It's not my intention to slam DWF, I think there's a lot of potential there and once I can collate multiple pages from multiple sources into one file, it's going to get really serious consideration. It's the cheesy add that I'm poking fun at. As in "What the DWFit were they thinking when they came up with that", or "Who's the DWFit who created that" or "Holy DWFit Batman ..." ;-) Richard Sean Dotson wrote: > LOL > > DWF (dwif) - noun - a derogatory term for a CAD professional who's ideas are > a day late and a dollar short. Also characterized by putting down his/her > competitors instead of allow his/her work to stand on it's own merits. > > "Did you hear how Bob was criticizing manufacturing the other day? He's > such a DWF" > > > > You know in the short of it all the technology is great. I can't take a > thing away from the development team. But the marketing is just abysmal. > > -- > Sean Dotson, PE > Autodesk Inventor Certified Expert > http://www.sdotson.com > Check the Inventor FAQ for most common questions > www.sdotson.com/faq.html > ----------------------------------------------------------------------- > "Richard Hinterhoeller" wrote in message > news:3ffdd850_1@statler... > >>David: >> >>I think the solution is easy. Amongst ourselves we agree that DWFit is >>a, shall we say, four letter word (let's not get petty and count the >>letters). >> >>We can interpret it as '$#!@ it' and the genius behind the DWFit video, >>who is obviously the brain behind the IV 'Professional' debacle, can pat >>him(her)self on the back for all of the free advertising. >> >>I believe this is referred to as a win win situation. >> >>I'm in the pool for 4 years before DWFit makes it into the Oxford >>dictionary as a derogatory term. >> >>Richard >> >> >>David Radlin wrote: >> >>>Moderators (Kent): So lemme get this straight, Autodesk can post a quote > > in > >>>thier dwf campaign calling PDF "crap" yet I can't say "peeing your pants > > in > >>>elation" without being edited.... oops I did it again. >>> >>>Dave >>> >>> >> > >
Message 31 of 36
Anonymous

Richard, > think there's a lot of potential > there and once I can collate multiple pages from multiple sources into > one file, it's going to get really serious consideration. Look in the DWF NG for a posting from Kevin Schneider in thread called "Merge Various DWF's" - drew
Message 32 of 36
Anonymous

Thanks Drew. I've downloaded it and I'll give it a shot when I get a moment. Richard Drew wrote: > Richard, > > > think there's a lot of potential > > there and once I can collate multiple pages from multiple sources into > > one file, it's going to get really serious consideration. > > Look in the DWF NG for a posting from Kevin Schneider in thread called > "Merge Various DWF's" > > - drew > > > >
Message 33 of 36
Anonymous

It works, I have already tried it. Richard Hinterhoeller wrote: > Thanks Drew. > > I've downloaded it and I'll give it a shot when I get a moment. > > Richard > > Drew wrote: > >> Richard, >> >> > think there's a lot of potential >> > there and once I can collate multiple pages from multiple sources >> into >> > one file, it's going to get really serious consideration. >> >> Look in the DWF NG for a posting from Kevin Schneider in thread called >> "Merge Various DWF's" >> >> - drew >> >> >> >> >
Message 34 of 36
Anonymous

Please contact me if your students are willing to let autodesk use these models for demos and/or testing Inventor. John Elliott "JDMATHER" wrote in message news:20567985.1075513878485.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Here is some stuff my students have done.
Message 35 of 36
Anonymous

I find dwf to be about useless still.

- ed -
Message 36 of 36
Anonymous

Very nice Charles. Have you used adaptivity to model the engine? If so, did you disable it after completing the modelling? (A few posts in this group have pointed to adaptivity being a performance killer).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report