Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPT in Partial Coma

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
165 Views, 5 Replies

IPT in Partial Coma

Has anyone seen such behavior? I have a file in my purchased part library on a network drive. When opening in IV8 I get: 'Error reading RSe stream' followed by '[ERROR] Invalid parameter error. ' When I try to copy the file in Windows Explorer I get: 'Error Copying File or Folder: Cannot Copy A-53.ipt: The parameter is incorrect' I renamed then tried a copy, same result. I can move the file to another directory on the same drive letter, but get 'parameter is incorrect' when trying to move to a local drive or different drive letter which is basically a folder on the same physical network drive. I can do an iProps on it, change status, apply, it saves the change (I can see the modified date update). Besides that, I can only rename or delete it. Also tried a suggestion of copying it in dos prompt... no luck. Is there a way to recover it? Thanks, Andrew
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Given you can not copy it in windows explorer I'm not sure this is an Inventor issue. Are you haveing problems with any other files on that drive? "Andrew Pawelski" wrote in message news:40719892$1_1@newsprd01... Has anyone seen such behavior? I have a file in my purchased part library on a network drive. When opening in IV8 I get: 'Error reading RSe stream' followed by '[ERROR] Invalid parameter error. ' When I try to copy the file in Windows Explorer I get: 'Error Copying File or Folder: Cannot Copy A-53.ipt: The parameter is incorrect' I renamed then tried a copy, same result. I can move the file to another directory on the same drive letter, but get 'parameter is incorrect' when trying to move to a local drive or different drive letter which is basically a folder on the same physical network drive. I can do an iProps on it, change status, apply, it saves the change (I can see the modified date update). Besides that, I can only rename or delete it. Also tried a suggestion of copying it in dos prompt... no luck. Is there a way to recover it? Thanks, Andrew
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

James, One other one that was also an IPT, I have never seen this happen before, with any files. Andrew "James (autodesk)" wrote in message news:40719c9f$1_2@newsprd01... Given you can not copy it in windows explorer I'm not sure this is an Inventor issue. Are you haveing problems with any other files on that drive? "Andrew Pawelski" wrote in message news:40719892$1_1@newsprd01... Has anyone seen such behavior? I have a file in my purchased part library on a network drive. When opening in IV8 I get: 'Error reading RSe stream' followed by '[ERROR] Invalid parameter error. ' When I try to copy the file in Windows Explorer I get: 'Error Copying File or Folder: Cannot Copy A-53.ipt: The parameter is incorrect' I renamed then tried a copy, same result. I can move the file to another directory on the same drive letter, but get 'parameter is incorrect' when trying to move to a local drive or different drive letter which is basically a folder on the same physical network drive. I can do an iProps on it, change status, apply, it saves the change (I can see the modified date update). Besides that, I can only rename or delete it. Also tried a suggestion of copying it in dos prompt... no luck. Is there a way to recover it? Thanks, Andrew
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

I haven't seen this before either. How about rebooting your machine and the server... is it still a problem? I know you are having problems copying, but if you can post a version of the file in question we can take a look. -James "Andrew Pawelski" wrote in message news:40719d17$1_2@newsprd01... James, One other one that was also an IPT, I have never seen this happen before, with any files. Andrew "James (autodesk)" wrote in message news:40719c9f$1_2@newsprd01... Given you can not copy it in windows explorer I'm not sure this is an Inventor issue. Are you haveing problems with any other files on that drive? "Andrew Pawelski" wrote in message news:40719892$1_1@newsprd01... Has anyone seen such behavior? I have a file in my purchased part library on a network drive. When opening in IV8 I get: 'Error reading RSe stream' followed by '[ERROR] Invalid parameter error. ' When I try to copy the file in Windows Explorer I get: 'Error Copying File or Folder: Cannot Copy A-53.ipt: The parameter is incorrect' I renamed then tried a copy, same result. I can move the file to another directory on the same drive letter, but get 'parameter is incorrect' when trying to move to a local drive or different drive letter which is basically a folder on the same physical network drive. I can do an iProps on it, change status, apply, it saves the change (I can see the modified date update). Besides that, I can only rename or delete it. Also tried a suggestion of copying it in dos prompt... no luck. Is there a way to recover it? Thanks, Andrew
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

I've restarted my machine... can't restart the server myself. I will have to wait for the next time it is rebooted by IT (60+users connected currently). All of our IV files are on this server, have been for over 2 years. I've had errors before but no like this... weird. Thanks, Andrew "James (autodesk)" wrote in message news:40719db9$1_1@newsprd01... I haven't seen this before either. How about rebooting your machine and the server... is it still a problem? I know you are having problems copying, but if you can post a version of the file in question we can take a look. -James "Andrew Pawelski" wrote in message news:40719d17$1_2@newsprd01... James, One other one that was also an IPT, I have never seen this happen before, with any files. Andrew "James (autodesk)" wrote in message news:40719c9f$1_2@newsprd01... Given you can not copy it in windows explorer I'm not sure this is an Inventor issue. Are you haveing problems with any other files on that drive? "Andrew Pawelski" wrote in message news:40719892$1_1@newsprd01... Has anyone seen such behavior? I have a file in my purchased part library on a network drive. When opening in IV8 I get: 'Error reading RSe stream' followed by '[ERROR] Invalid parameter error. ' When I try to copy the file in Windows Explorer I get: 'Error Copying File or Folder: Cannot Copy A-53.ipt: The parameter is incorrect' I renamed then tried a copy, same result. I can move the file to another directory on the same drive letter, but get 'parameter is incorrect' when trying to move to a local drive or different drive letter which is basically a folder on the same physical network drive. I can do an iProps on it, change status, apply, it saves the change (I can see the modified date update). Besides that, I can only rename or delete it. Also tried a suggestion of copying it in dos prompt... no luck. Is there a way to recover it? Thanks, Andrew
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Oh... and I can't post it. It won't let me. Same parameter is incorrect error.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report