Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iproperties - description - .idw

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
nike_bytom
780 Views, 7 Replies

Iproperties - description - .idw

Hi there,

Can any one help me with my drawing template. 

Is there any way  to automaticly fill in description in iProperties (.idw) from model description?

Ilogic?

Need simple solution

Raf

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
mcgyvr
in reply to: nike_bytom

edit title block.. place text and see attached image..

No need for ilogic..

Just straight out of the box how it should work from day 1 (maybe 2) of your training.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 8
nike_bytom
in reply to: mcgyvr

Thanks for that. must be something wrong then with template. this is already set in my border.In the border i got description from model but for some reason description in iproperties is empty. This is problem I am using vault so when I am searching for files using description i cant find files becouse description field ids empty in iproperties
Message 4 of 8
mcgyvr

Yes obviously the models description iprop must be filled in.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Message 5 of 8
nike_bytom

Yes iprop of model its filled in , description is in the border but not in iprop of idw ...Border

Message 6 of 8
mcgyvr

oops.. sorry... Now I understand what you were asking..

You want the description iproperty in the IDW files iproperties to be automatically populated

Here is how you do that..

Open your drawing template.. Go to tools..document settings..drawing tab and click on the "Copy Model Iproperty settings" button. Then simply check the "copy model iproperties" button and then put a check box by "description"

Then save template.

Now the drawing description iproperty will be automatically copied from the model iproperty when you place your first base view into the drawing.

Message 7 of 8
CCarreiras

Hi!

This is because the you have the iProperties from the model and iProperties from the drawing... each file has the propper iproperties and most of the times they are diferent.

If you wish to have the Drawing iProperties in the titleblock you have to edit the titleblock and insert the drawing iproperties:

Chose from here (see image below). Save as template for using later.

1.png

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

Regards.
CCarreiras
Message 8 of 8
nike_bytom

One more question related to this topic. When i repleced my model reference in the drawing my discription in iproperties didn,t update but update in the border. Any way to set this to automatic update?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report