Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.ipn File doesn't update

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
KingsKorna
350 Views, 6 Replies

.ipn File doesn't update

I changed the color of a feature in a part which is in an assembly and when I open my .ipn model the color doesn't update....why?
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
KingsKorna
in reply to: KingsKorna

anyone....anyone?
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Have you tried changing the part's colour to As Material in the IPN? Kathy Johnson
Message 4 of 7
KingsKorna

Yes I tried that Kathy. The only thing is, it's a part model of three wires (different colors), wrapped in shrink tubing. The color I wish to update is the shrink tubing. If I change it in the .ipn it changes my wires also.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

How did you set the colours? By feature? In the part or in the assembly? Can you post the files? Kathy Johnson
Message 6 of 7
KingsKorna

I set the colours by feature in the part and then inserted it into an assembly, from there I created an .ipn. I went back and modified one of the colours by features in the part and it updated in the assembly but not in the .ipn.

Jim
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Have you tried to set the material in the drop down in the IPN to As Material? That should update your part in the IPN to what is saved in the part. You should not loose any information. You might have to change to one material and then back but you won't loose anything. Kathy Johnson

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report