Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iParts not working "Failed to export desel table" please help

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
503 Views, 1 Reply

iParts not working "Failed to export desel table" please help

Hey, I'm trying to use iParts but when I go to save it says this message in a popup window.

I am running Windows 7 64bit, Autodesk Inventor 2012 (free student if that affects it) and I have Microsoft Office Home and Student 2010 Installed (full paid version).

My computer came preloaded with a trial for Office 2007 when I got it but that expired ages ago, but when I went to save in iParts it would attempt to load the blocked/expired trial excel 2007 but wouldn't open due to it being expired.

I have completely rid the computer of it and even 'repaired' Office 2010 and reinstalled Inventor but to the same result.

Have looked for the registry key edit trick but this is a 64bit so it wasnt even there.

If anyone knows how to fix this please let me know as I would be extremely grateful as I don't know why it's not working and I have alot of uni work to do involving iParts.

Cheers, Luke.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Paul-Mason
in reply to: Anonymous

As Inventor is attempting to call a now removed program, it looks like a problem in the Windows Registry

First try doing a repair of both Inventor and MS Office to see if the links change.

Then I would advise you to obtain a registry cleaning program, there are several free ones, or if you already have one of several system management programs such as Norton utilities, System Suite etc there will be a option in there to clean the registry of entries for un-installed programs that sometimes get left behind by the un-installer.

I DO NOT advise the use of the Regedit command to attempt to do this manually, the Windows registry big and complex with the same entry in many different locations One wrong deletion can totally screw your system big time.

==============
Inventor 2023 Pro
HP Z420 workstation
Xeon 3.7Ghz CPU 8 Cores, 64 GB Ram
64bit (The Garbage known as) Windows 10 Pro
AMD FirePro V3900 (ATI FireGL) (1GB RAM)
=================
Ashington Northumberland (UK) ~ Home to the WORLD FAMOUS Pitman Painters Group

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report