Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

Reply
*Farstad, Roger
Message 1 of 9 (63 Views)

iparts fasteners...

63 Views, 8 Replies
11-10-2002 09:07 PM
In R5 we did built our own fastener library and added the following path's
to the project files

Library Search path:
Fasteners = ....\Fastener_factory
_Fasteners=...\Fastener_iparts


Our problem is that in R6 all library parts are read only, and if we moves
the path to Work Group, IV don't understand the _Fastener.

Please help, we are stuck on this problem.


Roger
*Dotson, Sean
Message 2 of 9 (63 Views)

Re: iparts fasteners...

11-10-2002 09:26 PM in reply to: *Farstad, Roger
Why would you want to move them to workgroup paths for all projects?

If you want to edit the ipart factories make a new project that refers to
the directory as a workspace path...(and keep them as library for all other
projects)

--
Sean Dotson, PE
http://www.sdotson.com
...sleep is for the weak..
-----------------------------------------
"Roger Farstad" wrote in message
news:58427D523D7733FBFD6EDB7DC24FB148@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> In R5 we did built our own fastener library and added the following path's
> to the project files
>
> Library Search path:
> Fasteners = ....\Fastener_factory
> _Fasteners=...\Fastener_iparts
>
>
> Our problem is that in R6 all library parts are read only, and if we moves
> the path to Work Group, IV don't understand the _Fastener.
>
> Please help, we are stuck on this problem.
>
>
> Roger
>
>
*Farstad, Roger
Message 3 of 9 (63 Views)

Re:

11-10-2002 09:30 PM in reply to: *Farstad, Roger
The problem occure when we try to change the size of the bolts. For instance
from M10x40 mm to M12x60mm
Then you will need write access.


Roger

"Sean Dotson" wrote in message
news:smileyvery-happy:C815CEFC6F9746E0623649E5C8A0354@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Why would you want to move them to workgroup paths for all projects?
>
> If you want to edit the ipart factories make a new project that refers to
> the directory as a workspace path...(and keep them as library for all
other
> projects)
>
> --
> Sean Dotson, PE
> http://www.sdotson.com
> ...sleep is for the weak..
> -----------------------------------------
> "Roger Farstad" wrote in message
> news:58427D523D7733FBFD6EDB7DC24FB148@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > In R5 we did built our own fastener library and added the following
path's
> > to the project files
> >
> > Library Search path:
> > Fasteners = ....\Fastener_factory
> > _Fasteners=...\Fastener_iparts
> >
> >
> > Our problem is that in R6 all library parts are read only, and if we
moves
> > the path to Work Group, IV don't understand the _Fastener.
> >
> > Please help, we are stuck on this problem.
> >
> >
> > Roger
> >
> >
>
>
*Dotson, Sean
Message 4 of 9 (63 Views)

Re:

11-10-2002 09:44 PM in reply to: *Farstad, Roger
R6 doesn't prevent you from writing to the proxy path (the _Fasteners path).
It only prevents changes to the parts in the factory location (Fasteners
path). Perhaps you do not have write access on a disk or network level that
is causing this (external to Inventor). I have my paths set up very similar
to yours and it presents no read/write problems.

--
Sean Dotson, PE
http://www.sdotson.com
...sleep is for the weak..
-----------------------------------------
"Roger Farstad" wrote in message
news:1207868F8C7E2779C1FFAA88E123F7F0@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> The problem occure when we try to change the size of the bolts. For
instance
> from M10x40 mm to M12x60mm
> Then you will need write access.
>
>
> Roger
>
> "Sean Dotson" wrote in message
> news:smileyvery-happy:C815CEFC6F9746E0623649E5C8A0354@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > Why would you want to move them to workgroup paths for all projects?
> >
> > If you want to edit the ipart factories make a new project that refers
to
> > the directory as a workspace path...(and keep them as library for all
> other
> > projects)
> >
> > --
> > Sean Dotson, PE
> > http://www.sdotson.com
> > ...sleep is for the weak..
> > -----------------------------------------
> > "Roger Farstad" wrote in message
> > news:58427D523D7733FBFD6EDB7DC24FB148@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > > In R5 we did built our own fastener library and added the following
> path's
> > > to the project files
> > >
> > > Library Search path:
> > > Fasteners = ....\Fastener_factory
> > > _Fasteners=...\Fastener_iparts
> > >
> > >
> > > Our problem is that in R6 all library parts are read only, and if we
> moves
> > > the path to Work Group, IV don't understand the _Fastener.
> > >
> > > Please help, we are stuck on this problem.
> > >
> > >
> > > Roger
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>
*Farstad, Roger
Message 5 of 9 (63 Views)

Re:

11-10-2002 09:48 PM in reply to: *Farstad, Roger
OK

I don't know whats happening, but when the users tries to change the size of
a inserted bolt, the name changes but the not the fysical model.
There are also added a ! sign at the beginning of the name of the bolt.

Roger
"Sean Dotson" wrote in message
news:C522CB4DFAEFA3E69C3D350102D6A032@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> R6 doesn't prevent you from writing to the proxy path (the _Fasteners
path).
> It only prevents changes to the parts in the factory location (Fasteners
> path). Perhaps you do not have write access on a disk or network level
that
> is causing this (external to Inventor). I have my paths set up very
similar
> to yours and it presents no read/write problems.
>
> --
> Sean Dotson, PE
> http://www.sdotson.com
> ...sleep is for the weak..
> -----------------------------------------
> "Roger Farstad" wrote in message
> news:1207868F8C7E2779C1FFAA88E123F7F0@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > The problem occure when we try to change the size of the bolts. For
> instance
> > from M10x40 mm to M12x60mm
> > Then you will need write access.
> >
> >
> > Roger
> >
> > "Sean Dotson" wrote in message
> > news:smileyvery-happy:C815CEFC6F9746E0623649E5C8A0354@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > > Why would you want to move them to workgroup paths for all projects?
> > >
> > > If you want to edit the ipart factories make a new project that refers
> to
> > > the directory as a workspace path...(and keep them as library for all
> > other
> > > projects)
> > >
> > > --
> > > Sean Dotson, PE
> > > http://www.sdotson.com
> > > ...sleep is for the weak..
> > > -----------------------------------------
> > > "Roger Farstad" wrote in message
> > > news:58427D523D7733FBFD6EDB7DC24FB148@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > > > In R5 we did built our own fastener library and added the following
> > path's
> > > > to the project files
> > > >
> > > > Library Search path:
> > > > Fasteners = ....\Fastener_factory
> > > > _Fasteners=...\Fastener_iparts
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Our problem is that in R6 all library parts are read only, and if we
> > moves
> > > > the path to Work Group, IV don't understand the _Fastener.
> > > >
> > > > Please help, we are stuck on this problem.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Roger
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>
*Farstad, Roger
Message 6 of 9 (63 Views)

Re: iparts fasteners...

11-10-2002 10:02 PM in reply to: *Farstad, Roger
A second question regarding fasteners.

The built-in library of nuts and bolts, from which template do they get
their materials. It is not the default template catalog defined in appl
options.> files


Roger

"Roger Farstad" wrote in message
news:58427D523D7733FBFD6EDB7DC24FB148@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> In R5 we did built our own fastener library and added the following path's
> to the project files
>
> Library Search path:
> Fasteners = ....\Fastener_factory
> _Fasteners=...\Fastener_iparts
>
>
> Our problem is that in R6 all library parts are read only, and if we moves
> the path to Work Group, IV don't understand the _Fastener.
>
> Please help, we are stuck on this problem.
>
>
> Roger
>
>
*Dotson, Sean
Message 7 of 9 (63 Views)

Re:

11-10-2002 10:09 PM in reply to: *Farstad, Roger
That means that the child is out of date with the parent. Did you try to
place this child when you had the ipart paths in the workspace? If so then
it's probably reference the wrong ipart child. I bet you $ to doughnuts
that if you tried to place a part when you had Fasteners=..//ipart factories
as a workgroup path there is a folder under this directory where the ipart
child is stored. If so then close the assy. Delete this child and folder.
Now reopen the assy with the paths in the library path section and you'll
have to repoint the iparts to the correct children (or if it's just a few
delete them and replace them)

If you didn't place any children while the paths were in the workgroups area
then.....

Was this a new row that was added to the ipart recently? Possibly there is
an error in the ipart table. Can you post it to CF and I'll have a look.

--
Sean Dotson, PE
http://www.sdotson.com
...sleep is for the weak..
-----------------------------------------
"Roger Farstad" wrote in message
news:BFAC411193BFC729A5FA1BB91507B5B7@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> OK
>
> I don't know whats happening, but when the users tries to change the size
of
> a inserted bolt, the name changes but the not the fysical model.
> There are also added a ! sign at the beginning of the name of the bolt.
>
> Roger
> "Sean Dotson" wrote in message
> news:C522CB4DFAEFA3E69C3D350102D6A032@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > R6 doesn't prevent you from writing to the proxy path (the _Fasteners
> path).
> > It only prevents changes to the parts in the factory location (Fasteners
> > path). Perhaps you do not have write access on a disk or network level
> that
> > is causing this (external to Inventor). I have my paths set up very
> similar
> > to yours and it presents no read/write problems.
> >
> > --
> > Sean Dotson, PE
> > http://www.sdotson.com
> > ...sleep is for the weak..
> > -----------------------------------------
> > "Roger Farstad" wrote in message
> > news:1207868F8C7E2779C1FFAA88E123F7F0@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > > The problem occure when we try to change the size of the bolts. For
> > instance
> > > from M10x40 mm to M12x60mm
> > > Then you will need write access.
> > >
> > >
> > > Roger
> > >
> > > "Sean Dotson" wrote in message
> > > news:smileyvery-happy:C815CEFC6F9746E0623649E5C8A0354@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > > > Why would you want to move them to workgroup paths for all projects?
> > > >
> > > > If you want to edit the ipart factories make a new project that
refers
> > to
> > > > the directory as a workspace path...(and keep them as library for
all
> > > other
> > > > projects)
> > > >
> > > > --
> > > > Sean Dotson, PE
> > > > http://www.sdotson.com
> > > > ...sleep is for the weak..
> > > > -----------------------------------------
> > > > "Roger Farstad" wrote in message
> > > > news:58427D523D7733FBFD6EDB7DC24FB148@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > > > > In R5 we did built our own fastener library and added the
following
> > > path's
> > > > > to the project files
> > > > >
> > > > > Library Search path:
> > > > > Fasteners = ....\Fastener_factory
> > > > > _Fasteners=...\Fastener_iparts
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > Our problem is that in R6 all library parts are read only, and if
we
> > > moves
> > > > > the path to Work Group, IV don't understand the _Fastener.
> > > > >
> > > > > Please help, we are stuck on this problem.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > Roger
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>
Distinguished Contributor
SveinE
Posts: 446
Registered: ‎12-09-2003
Message 8 of 9 (63 Views)

Re:

11-10-2002 10:43 PM in reply to: *Farstad, Roger
You can`t add material to the Built in Library Parts in R6

SORRY!!
regards Svein
*Farstad, Roger
Message 9 of 9 (63 Views)

Re:

11-11-2002 02:17 PM in reply to: *Farstad, Roger
If this is the reality, the hole library is useless
for us. We make fabrication drawings where the material is
important.

I can hardly belive this.

 

 

Roger

 


style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
You
can`t add material to the Built in Library Parts in R6

SORRY!!
regards Svein

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.