Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ipart with Custom parameter saves parts in the workspace

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
hendrikbreimer
340 Views, 3 Replies

Ipart with Custom parameter saves parts in the workspace

when i create an ipart with an custom parameter column, the files are created in the workspace. 

Is there any way how i can change this location?

Many parts are piling up in the workspace.

For example to the library (like "normal iparts" do) or to a folder in the workspace (workspace/custom_ipart_folder)?

Inventor 2013

Win 7 64bit

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CCarreiras
in reply to: hendrikbreimer

HI!

When you are carrying the iPart member, you can chose the location.

Click "Browse" and select the location you want.

1.png

Regards

solution.png  Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or  Kudos button below.

Regards.
CCarreiras
Message 3 of 4
ascott_shipco
in reply to: CCarreiras

Is there a way to set a default save path so that I am not constantly retelling the custom iParts where to save? I have tried setting a proxy path but they still default to the root of the project file.

Message 4 of 4

@ascott_shipco

As far as I know there's no where of setting this.  I suppose you could set up frequently used subfolders in your project file and then when you save you could select it from the list when you browse.   In addition (and I could be wrong)..   I don't think proxy folders work anymore in the newer versions of Inventor.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report