Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPart view representations broken in 2014 SP2

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
cadull_rb
660 Views, 2 Replies

iPart view representations broken in 2014 SP2

Design view representations in an iPart file are not included in the generated members after installing Inventor 2014 SP2 (and also in Update 1).

In the attached part factory, the two work planes are included in the members. They would need to be individually set invisible in each assembly view representation because the members only have the Master view representation.

iPartViewRep.PNG

iPartMemberViewRep.PNG

Regards,

cadull

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
cadull_rb
in reply to: cadull_rb

After testing this part in SP1, what I thought was working was just the members inheriting the design view representations from the part template file. I was unable to hide the included work planes.

Interestingly, the appearance chosen in the factory user view representation will often be applied in the member view representation, although I have seen occasions where this can revert to the appearance from the factory master view representation. This is less surprising now that there appears to be no connection between the view representations of the factory and the members. It also helps explain why changes to the factory view representation do not cause the members to regenerate.

Regards,

cadull

Message 3 of 3
cadull_rb
in reply to: cadull_rb

Ok, it seems I was confused about the service pack version (I have 2013 SP2 installed also). My testing was in 2014 SP1 and 2014 SP1 Update 1 (not SP2). Additional testing shows this behaviour is consistent with 2013 SP2, so I've added a feature request http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-IdeaStation/Include-surfaces-and-view-representations-in-iPar....

Regards,

cadull

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report