Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPart question

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
andrew_buc
440 Views, 8 Replies

iPart question

When we place some of our iParts in assemblies, we get glyphs immediately to the left of the factory member name and fhe table, as per the attached. What's happening here, and how can we fix it? Thank you.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
cbenner
in reply to: andrew_buc

It can mean a number of things.  Usually means that a reference is missing to something.  If you hover over the glyph does it give you any clue what the error is?

Message 3 of 9
andrew_buc
in reply to: cbenner

No, it doesn't.

Message 4 of 9
swhite

open up the i[art and make sure it is not relying on any external links, if so you may have to remove them.

Steven White
Lee C. Moore, Inc.
www.lcm-wci.com
Inventor 2011
Intel Dual Xeon E31225 @ 3.1 GHz CPU
16 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 600 GPU
Windows 7 - 64 Bit
Message 5 of 9
andrew_buc
in reply to: swhite

I just opened it, and I don't think it's relying on external links. I'm attaching it.

Message 6 of 9
johnsonshiue

Hi! The warning sign usually means either Inventor detects there is an error on the table or the link between the iPart member file cannot find the iPart factory file.

Please open the factory part and right-click on the table -> Edit Table. You will be prompted by a warning message saying a member is not unique. Click Yes to continue. On the iPart table -> click Verify. Scroll to row 86 and row 87. The two members share the same file name. They should be different. After you correct the error, the warning should go away.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 7 of 9
andrew_buc
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Hmm, it seems to me that the file names are as follows:

Row 86: SST, 3/8-16 X 1.125 HHMS

Row 87: SST, 3/8-16 X 1.25 HHMS

Message 8 of 9
johnsonshiue

Hi! Indeed, the two cell values are different but somehow Inventor thought they were the same. It is possible at one point the two cells were the same and the error status was not cleared out properly. But, I don't have a proof for that.

Try editing the table and run Verify again, do you still see the two cells highlighted?

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 9 of 9
andrew_buc
in reply to: johnsonshiue

This is what I see in the table immediately after running Verify. Row 86 has a pale green background. Is that what you mean by highlighting? Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report