Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPart: origin planes not invisible in the children

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
AKloos
500 Views, 12 Replies

iPart: origin planes not invisible in the children

When I generate children of an ipart, the origin planes are visible in the children.

I'm not able to turn off their visibility, so the origin planes show up anywhere I use the children.

I haven't had this 'problem' before.

What am I doing wrong?

Tags (1)
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
bob_holland
in reply to: AKloos

AKloos,

Welcome to the forum.

Please let us know whet version of Inventor you are using.

Can you also provide us with a part or at least a screen shot?

Thank you.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support
Message 3 of 13
AKloos
in reply to: bob_holland

Hello Bob,

I'm using Inventor Professional 2014.

I'm sorry but how can I insert a screen shot in this text?

I tried to add an attachment, but "Add Attachment" does not work(?).

Thank you for your reply in advance.

AKloos.

Message 4 of 13
dan_inv09

You need a file. I paste my screen shots into Paint, then I crop them and/or add notations or whatever, then save it as a .png.

You can use Insert.png to put it in the text if you want. Either way you'll need to click Browse and find the file before you insert or attach it. (It would be nice if we could just attach or insert straight from the clipboard.)

Message 5 of 13
AKloos

Hello Bob and Dan_inv09,

Thank you very much for the reply's. 

My Internet Explorer is too old, I think.

Hereby an ipart and a child (attachments).

Hereby a screenshot of an ipart:

iparttest.PNG

And here a child with the unwanted visible origin planes.

Child off ipart with unwanted origin planes.PNG

My question is: what am I doing wrong. I don't want the origin planes to be visible in the files generated by the ipart factory.

Thank you for your reply in advance.

AKloos

Message 6 of 13
dan_inv09

You still haven't said what version of Inventor you are using.

I'm on 2015 and there is no yellow in the icons, but I can't remember how far back it changed. (I hope it wasn't to far back because that would mean we're due for another change.)

I think I may have just resorted to "all workplanes off" under Object Visibility on the View tab.

(I also think that Inventor staff might get bonuses based on how many times their new features get mentioned, and the programmers figured out that that there is no filter to distinguish "I could maybe see how someone might find this useful" from "This is garbage!")

Message 7 of 13
mcgyvr
in reply to: dan_inv09

First I don't think you are ever supposed to open the children by themselves.. not that it should really matter though.

What happens when you create a new assembly and insert that part.. do they show there..

Second it works just fine here in 2015.. I opened your factory file and generated the members and all worked fine.

Third.. I'm not sure if "0" is supported as the opposite of "Computed".. (Should be "Suppress") Try deleting the children from their folder then changing that to suppress then do a rebuild all then regenerate the members.

Fourth.. Or just delete that whole thing and try it again and see if it still happens.. Should take seconds to recreate..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 8 of 13
AKloos
in reply to: mcgyvr

Dear dan_inv09 and mcgyvr,

I'm using Inventor Professional 2014.

When I insert a member in an assembly, the origin planes are visible. And that's the problem.

Of course I can use Object Visibilty but I dont want the origin planes to be visible whithout using Object Visibility.

1 and 0 works the same as Computed and Suppress. I tried both but there is no difference.

'The problem' just started a week ago and is now continuously there. Before the problem dit not appear.

Maybe reinstall Inventor?

Message 9 of 13
dan_inv09
in reply to: mcgyvr

I think the whole problem was placing them in the assembly in the first place.

Looking at the children on their own may have been part of and attempt at diagnosis.

I think maybe they fixed it for 2015 - so upgrading is one possible solution, speaking of which: how are you fixed for service packs? Make sure all service packs/hotfixes/updates/etc. are installed and see if that helps maybe.

It does not seem to me that how the Suppression column for some other feature is filled in could affect the display of workplanes. Trying a factory with no suppression, and/or changing the "0"s to "Suppress" should take no time to check though. (Does "1" work for "Compute"? How about "True"/"False"? I always misspell Suppress and one missing p can trash an entire table worth of entry.)

Yes it should take seconds to create, as I suspect this most likely non-proprietary test piece took in the first place. The real part where problem was first discovered could be an entirely different story though.

So (i.e. TL : DR) check for service packs, type out Suppress so you can say "Told you so.", and think about upgrading.

I'm getting a feeling about Design View Representations: could be the problem/could be part of some solution, I don't know. Also there might be more in older posts - maybe try a search. Just some things to chew on over turkey.

Message 10 of 13
dan_inv09

If you would like to try some iLogic, this looks like something you could try that might treat the assembly problem:

http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com/2013/03/turn-onoff-all-workfeatures-with-ilogic.html

Message 11 of 13
bob_holland

AKloos,

When I take your testpart1.ipt and place it in an assembly, it does not come in with the origin planes showing.

When I open testpart1.ipt and have it generate the part files, they do not hove the ogigin planes on.

I think that your testpart1.ipt is fine.

Thank you.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support
Message 12 of 13
dan_inv09
in reply to: bob_holland

in 2014?

Message 13 of 13
AKloos

Dear dan_inv9 and Bob,

I tried everyting to get rid of the visible origin planes. Nothing works.

A week ago I didn't have this problem and my colleagues, with the same installation/version of Inventor 2014, don't have this problem neither.

Besides, sometimes the textures which are in my iassemblys, are suddenly missing in some of the members of that iassemblys.

dan_inv09, thank you for the iLogic link.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report