Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ipart or ilogic?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
415 Views, 3 Replies

ipart or ilogic?

Hello,

I have a  part that has 13 parameters that I need to control to define all iterations of the part (`40 total iterations)

This is very easily done with iParts, however the problem I've having is on roughly have the parts, there is one set of holes and on the other half there are two sets of holes.  This is obviosly very easy to control with iLogic.  From what I've read online though, you can't use iLogic in iParts as the logic won't "fire" when you place the iPart into an assembly.  Is there a work around or anyone experience a similar situation?

Thanks for looking.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
swordmaster
in reply to: Anonymous

Ilogic cannot be written inside iparts or iassemblies. This is because each member or instance is a fixed variation of the parent.

For the situation you describe i would recommend creating the ipart with the required number of members, you can use ilogic in your recieving assembly to select the appropriate member ...search on Ipartchangerow

Inventor 2010 Certified Professional
Message 3 of 4
zma1013

For your particular situation, could you not just make both hole variations and then use the "Include/Exlude" functionality that iParts allow you to use?

IV2012

Windows XP SP3 32-bit
Intel Core 2 Duo 6400 @ 2.13 GHz
Nvidia Quadro FX 3450/4000 SDI 256MB Vram
2 GB Ram
160GB HDD
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

I wasn't aware of this feature. I'll look into it.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report