Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ipart not showing up in assembly file

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
gaitano
347 Views, 2 Replies

ipart not showing up in assembly file

I do not have alot of experiance with iparts so I tried to experiment by simply trying to use one. In fact I have tried to open several and none have opened for me. I am currently using Inventor 2012 Win 7 64bit.  As an example I open the ipart - iHose Clamp .ipt and most of the tree is greyed out. I open a new assembly file and set up a split screen to drag the ipart from the browser to the new assembly file. I get the dialog message The selected file G:\Inventor Models etc. may not be found in this location the time you open the referencing document. You should either add this location to your list of valid search paths, or move the file to a location covered by the existing search paths. I clk yes and the Place Standard iPart dialog box opens. I select my part size and hit ok. The hose clamp shows up in the browser but appears to be locked. I try unlock and try to remove the check mark but it will not uncheck. I am saving the Assembly 4 in the same folder as the ipart also. I am not centain as to what I am doing wrong. I hate to admit this but I started messing with this problem Sunday

afternoon and now part of my monday evening. I hope to hear from someone on this matter. I have included four screen

shots of my steps in this process

gaitano

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mcgyvr
in reply to: gaitano

open the ipart again and pull the "end of part" marker down below all the features. Problem solved.

Pulling the EOP marker above all the features makes the actual file size smaller.. Just a trick when you are limited to a certain upload file size or whatever and want to make the file size smaller.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 3
gaitano
in reply to: gaitano

Thanks, I appreciate your timely response. Everything worked out nicely. I will be looking to help you in the future where I can. I plan on being a regular member of this forum.

gaitano

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report