Inventor General Discussion

Active Contributor
xmer
Message 1 of 2 (167 Views)

iPart Issue

167 Views, 1 Replies
03-05-2012 05:18 AM

Hi all,

I'll be really thanksful, if somebody can give some direct solution.

Here we go.. I have an iPart with 10 Variation. Actually it is an assembly. but for the purpose of convinience I made it into iPart. I know the physical weight of all 10 variation.

When i create this iPart, the variation weight don't match with actual. so I want to incorporate the already determined weight for each variation. therefore I can get the same, when i use it in BOM.

iPart excel, is not giving option to add mass property.  It can be done by changing density. but I want to keep the same density.

Is there any other possibilities..???

Thanks in advance..

*Expert Elite*
cwhetten
Message 2 of 2 (149 Views)

Re: iPart Issue

03-05-2012 01:33 PM in reply to: xmer

The thread linked below deals with the same question.  You may find some answers there.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Adding-Mass-Overides-to-Iparts/m-p/3271247#M421537

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.