Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPart help required

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
russellafranklin76
253 Views, 6 Replies

iPart help required

Hi All

I have built an actuator which will be used with a number of different stroke values. In the iassembly I have a constraint which needs to be driven by the value of the stroke. How can I pull in the stroke value when I change actuator?

Actuator.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Can you attach the assembly ... it looks like there is an issue ...look at the icon next to the assembly ..

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 7

Hi Michael 

Yeah, I did notice this. I have attached the assembly for you to have a look at.

Thanks

Message 4 of 7

You might want to consider putting them in a linked excel spreadsheet .. a formula to make easily would be ... X distance +Stroke Or you can make an Iassembly made of of various assemblies based on the stroke desired. and my final suggestion: Ilogic (I'm not the best at this so I'll leave that to someone else to help on)

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
mdavis22569
in reply to: mdavis22569

Oh and the fix is just the thread needs to be fixed, as it doesn't match the diameter 185 vs 186

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 6 of 7

That's great, I'll try the spreadsheet method.

Thanks for your help

Message 7 of 7

Hi! I may not have understood the design intent correctly. But, I think you might be better off making the constraint a Limit Constraint so the piston can move freely within a range. Do you have to specify the exact position? Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report