Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPart Features Dissapear when Published

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
Jaychale
732 Views, 15 Replies

IPart Features Dissapear when Published

The attached IPart works wonderfully for all sizes, shows no errors or recovery alerts.

The problem is that once it is published, the ORB end changes for any size 1/2" (8) or under.

It just turns into a Hex head, I don't understand what the problem is.

Any ideas?

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
cbenner
in reply to: Jaychale

Hi.

Please always post the version of Inventor you are using.  I can see this is 2014 version, some of us are still on older versions and cannot open your part.  By posting the version, those people who are best able to help you will know right away.

Message 3 of 16
Jaychale
in reply to: cbenner

Check, 2014.

Message 4 of 16
Cadmanto

Just curious.  Before you publish these parts to the CC, you say they work fine.  That means all of the members of the factory file are generated and when you insert each of these members into an assembly they all show the table allowing you to select which one you need without flaw?

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 5 of 16
Jaychale
in reply to: Cadmanto

To the first part, yes, I scrolled through every version through the table and the fitting looks correct, shows no errors.

To the second, I'm not sure how I could insert a part into an assembly without first publishing it.

Sorry, I'm new at iParts

Message 6 of 16
Cadmanto

That's fine.  They don't have to be published in order to use them in an assembly.

I have published before and the original as it was before you published should still be on your local.

With that, create a dummy assembly.  Then insert this factory file (from your local) into this assembly and you will see what I am talking about in my first posting.

See if they insert of that way.  If they don't then the error is in your file and not the CC.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 7 of 16
Jaychale

Ok, Yes the factory file works from within an assembly on the affected parts.

Message 8 of 16
Jaychale

Ok so here side by side is the exact same part, one being the factory, the other published and placed from content center

Message 9 of 16
Cadmanto

Correct me if I am wrong, but looking at your browser in the assembly it looks as though your part started from the CC.

Did you create a new part using an original from the CC to start?  If that is the case, no wonder why it is giving you grief.  There is still a link to the CC when this is done.

You are better off creating a similar part from scratch with no ties to the CC to start.

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 10 of 16
Jaychale

I have no idea, I downloaded it.

There are about 12 other parts that came with it that work just fine.

Message 11 of 16
Cadmanto

It only takes one.

You do realize that you cannot place assemblies in the CC, right?

I would be willing to bet that if you created a brand new ipart from scratch and published it, you would not see this issue.  Try it.  You can always delete it out of the CC.  I am thinking that this one part originally came from the CC and it is having issues because of that.

Are you also placing these specially created parts in your own folder within the CC?

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 12 of 16
Jaychale

They are in a custom CC, most of the parts are published into the tubing folders under the applicable categories

And yes none of the parts are assemblies

Message 13 of 16
Cadmanto

Try an experiment for me.  Create a random part from scratch and make it an ipart factory.  Generate the members and publish that to the CC and see if you can repeat this behavior.

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 14 of 16
Jaychale

I'd already been working on that for most of the day, but this has raised a new issue, All my parts are happy as clams in the factory, but again once I publish it, I get "Place fitting Failed"

Message 15 of 16
Jaychale

So... any thoughts on what is actually wrong with the part?

Message 16 of 16
lesmfunk

I know what went wrong. The publishing process does not retain the precision of the factory parameters.

Look at your family table in the content center. There will be a value of 0 for one or more of the parameters. For example, In the factory, the values might range from 0.030 to 0.050. The 0.050 values round to 0.1 but the 0.035 values round to 0. That's why some features fail and some don't. It is trying to extrude a distance of 0. And all other subsequent features built on that extrusion fail as well.

This can be manually repaired in the Content Center Library Family Table.

Does anyone know how to get the ipart publishing process to retain the precision of the original parameters?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report