Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

Valued Contributor
NielsMaas
Message 1 of 7 (135 Views)

iPart factory problem (after editing table)

135 Views, 6 Replies
01-29-2010 08:13 AM
Hello everybody,

after using iParts for many years now, i today ran into a problem.

I added a new member (in the iPart table) and when i insert the iPart in an assy and select that member, i get the message as shown in the attachment. Someting about the keys, but i haven't changed anything from that. Anybody a clou about the failure?

When I add a member in the table and directly after that place it into an assy, it works. But when I, at a later moment, change specifications in the table and then insert it, the message appears. Changes that I apply are to records, not to rules, colums or keys in the table.

IV2010
Simulation Suite
SP2
Valued Contributor
Electrik
Message 2 of 7 (132 Views)

Re: iPart factory problem (after editing table)

01-31-2010 05:57 AM in reply to: NielsMaas
I've run into this problem in the past, as well. Nobody's able to tell me what I did wrong, or what technically happened, but I did find a "work-around". I'm not at my IV station right now, so please bear with me. When you have the iPart parent .ipt open, expand the various sizes in the browser. When you "drill down" to the final part (each variation), you can RMB on it, and there's an option for "Create files", or something like that. It will re-create the individual .ipt for that child, and once again, allow you to place it in assemblies. This would have to be done for each child, or at least, each child that's not behaving. All of your constraints in existing assemblies should be okay.
Valued Contributor
NielsMaas
Message 3 of 7 (132 Views)

02-01-2010 12:42 AM in reply to: NielsMaas
Doesn't work for me.
When i tried this on the member where the problem occurs, i get the same error message (see attachment).
Valued Contributor
NielsMaas
Message 4 of 7 (132 Views)

02-01-2010 01:03 AM in reply to: NielsMaas
The problem is pinpointed to updating iPart members after editing existing records in the iPart table. At that moment the error message in my previous post is shown. Maybe a problem with the 2010 Simulation Suite SP2?

Anybody a clou? Using iParts is an essantial element in our workflow and I can't cope with problems on that topic.

Windows Vista 64x
IV2010
Simulation Suite
SP2
Valued Contributor
NielsMaas
Message 5 of 7 (132 Views)

02-01-2010 05:08 AM in reply to: NielsMaas
Only way i get a beter result is bij deleting the members and creating new ones from the iPart. Problem is that the members that are already in use in other assemblies lose their constraints.

So creating all new members isn't the desirable solution.
Valued Contributor
Electrik
Message 6 of 7 (132 Views)

02-01-2010 05:19 AM in reply to: NielsMaas
Please see the attached pic. I just want to verify that you were able to find the same option as me. If you're still receiving an error after using this "Generate files" option, I'm not able to help. That's what fixed it for me, and prevented me from having to re-create anything, losing constraints, as you mentioned.
Valued Contributor
NielsMaas
Message 7 of 7 (133 Views)

02-01-2010 08:06 AM in reply to: NielsMaas
Yes, I used that same option.

The difference is that the first time i used it, the members already existed so actually i was overwriting them and then the error message appearce.

The second time i first deleted all the existing members and then used that function to create new members. And as i said, that works. But then the constraints in earlier build assemblies are gone.
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.