Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPart factory problem (after editing table)

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
NielsMaas
339 Views, 6 Replies

iPart factory problem (after editing table)

Hello everybody,

after using iParts for many years now, i today ran into a problem.

I added a new member (in the iPart table) and when i insert the iPart in an assy and select that member, i get the message as shown in the attachment. Someting about the keys, but i haven't changed anything from that. Anybody a clou about the failure?

When I add a member in the table and directly after that place it into an assy, it works. But when I, at a later moment, change specifications in the table and then insert it, the message appears. Changes that I apply are to records, not to rules, colums or keys in the table.

IV2010
Simulation Suite
SP2
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Electrik
in reply to: NielsMaas

I've run into this problem in the past, as well. Nobody's able to tell me what I did wrong, or what technically happened, but I did find a "work-around". I'm not at my IV station right now, so please bear with me. When you have the iPart parent .ipt open, expand the various sizes in the browser. When you "drill down" to the final part (each variation), you can RMB on it, and there's an option for "Create files", or something like that. It will re-create the individual .ipt for that child, and once again, allow you to place it in assemblies. This would have to be done for each child, or at least, each child that's not behaving. All of your constraints in existing assemblies should be okay.
Inventor Professional 2021
Vault Professional 2021
Message 3 of 7
NielsMaas

Doesn't work for me.
When i tried this on the member where the problem occurs, i get the same error message (see attachment).
Message 4 of 7
NielsMaas

The problem is pinpointed to updating iPart members after editing existing records in the iPart table. At that moment the error message in my previous post is shown. Maybe a problem with the 2010 Simulation Suite SP2?

Anybody a clou? Using iParts is an essantial element in our workflow and I can't cope with problems on that topic.

Windows Vista 64x
IV2010
Simulation Suite
SP2
Message 5 of 7
NielsMaas

Only way i get a beter result is bij deleting the members and creating new ones from the iPart. Problem is that the members that are already in use in other assemblies lose their constraints.

So creating all new members isn't the desirable solution.
Message 6 of 7
Electrik

Please see the attached pic. I just want to verify that you were able to find the same option as me. If you're still receiving an error after using this "Generate files" option, I'm not able to help. That's what fixed it for me, and prevented me from having to re-create anything, losing constraints, as you mentioned.
Inventor Professional 2021
Vault Professional 2021
Message 7 of 7
NielsMaas

Yes, I used that same option.

The difference is that the first time i used it, the members already existed so actually i was overwriting them and then the error message appearce.

The second time i first deleted all the existing members and then used that function to create new members. And as i said, that works. But then the constraints in earlier build assemblies are gone.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report