Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ipart does not change file name in tree on insert

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
UpnorthSouth
304 Views, 1 Reply

ipart does not change file name in tree on insert

I have a combination of iparts that make up an assembly. There are only 3 parts in the assembly. There are two different  size configuations in each ipart. Each configuration has its own part name in the ipart table. I want to be able to do a save as to create another assembly. Then change the iparts to there next size in the assembly which I can do. When I change size or replace component the file name does not change in the tree from the previous configuration. Is there a

setting to allow the ipart to come into the tree with its correct ipart table name.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
mcgyvr
in reply to: UpnorthSouth

no need for a save copy as with the assembly...you just make an iassembly.. Then change the iparts by switching to "edit member scope" instead of edit factory scope or just do the substitution via the iassembly "edit table"

There are numerous videos on youtube showing how to create iassembies with iparts.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums