Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invisible Parts and Sketches

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
bandrews32
2786 Views, 7 Replies

Invisible Parts and Sketches

I am having a really odd issue and it looks like no one else has ever had this problem before. I have used Autodesk Inventor Professional 2014 before, but for whatever reason when installing this on my laptop I am having errors when trying to start by creating a new part file. As soon as I create a new part file, a box displays itself called Part 1 as it should, but everything within that box is gray. I can't see the axes at the bottom left or the rotation cube at the top right. I also can't see any lines that I try to create when making a 2D sketch. The coordinated will display themselves when I am drawing a line, but when I try to set the line in place nothing happens (everything on the screen just stays completely grey). What's wierd is that I can still hover over the rotation cube with my mouse and it will allow me to turn the drawing as if the cude was there, but nothing actually happens because I can only see a gray screen. I also tried opening a part file that I made on another computer in Autodesk Inventor Professional  and I have the exact same issue. The part file will open, but I can't see anything, but a gray screen in the location where I should be seeing my part. If anyone is wondering, yes, I can still see the banner at the top with extrude, revolve, etc., and the orgins on the left side containing quick access key for the axes.

Any help would be much appreciated!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
bandrews32
in reply to: bandrews32

I have also unistalled and reinstalled the program entirely. I'm still having the same issue as before. I am using a Dell Inspiron N5110 laptop with Windows 7

Message 3 of 8
Cadmanto

Try under the view tab there is an interface drop down that shows various on screen selections.  See if the items you are missing are checked.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 8
bandrews32
in reply to: Cadmanto

I'm assuming that your talking about the "User Interface" button on the "View" tab. Everything is checked already (including the ViewCube) expect for "iLogic Browser" (whatever that is). My mouse still changes icons when I hover over the ViewCube like it knows its ther, but the cube itself is invisible. I can't see anything but a gray screen

Message 5 of 8
JDMather

@bandrews32 wrote:

I have also unistalled and reinstalled the program entirely. ...

You should have asked questions before this step.

1. Have you installed Service Pack 1 and Update 2 for SP1.

2. Do you have the latest graphics driver for your card installed?

3. If yes and yes, then try going to Tools>Application Options>Hardware tab and select lowest setting.

4. Report back (with screen captures).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 6 of 8
bandrews32
in reply to: JDMather

Thanks for the help JDMather! You fixed my problem!

1. No I haven't installed it
2. I've never updated the graphics driver on this laptop
3. I skipped steps 1 and 2 and tried changing to the lowest graphics setting to see what would happen and voila! Works like a charm. I changed from "Performance" to "Compatability" for reference. Inventor must set "Performance" as the default setting because I haven't changed any of those setting before.

Message 7 of 8
JDMather

I recommend you do 1 and 2 now.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?linkID=9242019&id=2334435&siteID=123112#section15

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 8 of 8
gangsta_gill96

i have tehe same problem i have had inventor professional 2012 and this one worked fine now i installed inventor profesional 2016 and i have a grey screen. i have installed an uninstalled a few time but i doest help and ervey responses on tis post have i tried but nothing helps. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report