Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invisible flat pattern in .idw

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
rfowler24
692 Views, 4 Replies

Invisible flat pattern in .idw

Good morning all,

I just got around to installing my subscription upgrade from INV PRO 2012 to 2013.  I am having trouble getting sheet metal flats to show up in the idw's.  The folded parts are visible, solid parts are visible, etc.  The problem seems to be specific to flat patterns.  I have attached a screen shot of a sample part.

Anyone else have a problem with this? 

When I hover the mouse over where the flat pattern should be, the red dashed box which usually encloses the view shows up, however it is tiny.  Barely the size of the view label. 

I am baffled here.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Randy

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
MegaJerk
in reply to: rfowler24

Have you tried going into the part and making sure that the flat pattern is useable? Occasionally I have had to delete a flat pattern and create a new one, as they can get so un-defined that there is nothing to be done other than deleting the existing pattern. 

If my solution worked or helped you out, please don't forget to hit the kudos button 🙂
iLogicCode Injector: goo.gl/uTT1IB

GitHub
Message 3 of 5
rfowler24
in reply to: MegaJerk

Mega,

I just can't make myself use your whole screen name!

The flat is valid.  In fact, I exported the folded model in step format, imported it into INV 2012, converted to sheet metal, and it worked fine.  The issue seems to be INV 2013.  I tried upgrading my graphics driver, checking windows update, etc.  Everything seems up to date.

My system is a Lenovo W520 mobile workstation with NVIDIA Quadro 1000M graphics.  It worked great with all previous versions of Inventor.

Randy

Message 4 of 5
MegaJerk

Well I would suggest posting the part so that someone with INV2013 could also take a look at it. Sadly, I am still using 2012, so I would be of little help in solving it for specific build. Sorry! I hope someone is able to take this one further down the road. 

If my solution worked or helped you out, please don't forget to hit the kudos button 🙂
iLogicCode Injector: goo.gl/uTT1IB

GitHub
Message 5 of 5
rfowler24

Okay, I just powered down my computer, removed the battery, pressed the power button to discharge everything, restarted everything, and it works now. 

Curious.

Thanks again,

Randy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report