Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

InventorViewCompute.exe in inventor 2012

20 REPLIES 20
Message 1 of 21
Fra.Anz
2754 Views, 20 Replies

InventorViewCompute.exe in inventor 2012

Dear all, i've got a problem with my Inventor Professional 2012. i've got the factory desing ultimate suite for 64 bit.

my pc has got a multiprocessor it's an inter core i5-2540M  and 8Gb of ram.

I have to do the drawing of an assembly consisting of 53 pieces, the problem is that these pieces have curved geometries, it's an engine.

When I start to compute the views it runs the InventorViewCompute.exe, and that's right.

if i decide to stop this work and to close the program (all inventor's windows) and i'm going to see the task manager i find that the InventorViewCompute.exe are still computing and if i don't kill those processes,by forcing them, they still working without stopping.

I've read here: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=12107410&linkID=9242018 that the InventorViewCompute.exe should stop working when i close the program.

I've also have download the sp1 for inventor 2012 and also the one (sp2) for the Factory Design Suite Ultimate 2012.

what can i do to resolve my problem?

Hopefully any of you can help me.

Best regards,

Francesca A.
20 REPLIES 20
Message 21 of 21

Hi Machiel,

I presume your IDW also has a lot of annotations, cut views and such? It's possible that updating all those sheets AND publishing may take time, plus of course it also depends on the complexity of the data, size of the model(s) and machine specs.

If you can do so, you might want to separate the sheets out into different drawings - that might help with the memory and speed up updates as well.

I am not sure what kind of machine you have, but if you have a less performant machine you may try disablingoff "Enable background updates" in application options/drawings to see if that speeds it up.

We do know that models with shrinkwrap parts/composite surfaces/translated parts take a long time to computein general because they take a lot of processing power.

Thanks

-shiva

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report