Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

Reply
*Shelter, Andy
Message 1 of 48 (103 Views)

Inventor6 Graphics Benchmark

103 Views, 47 Replies
11-28-2002 10:28 PM
You will find a short graphics benchmark for Inventor6 in
/autocad/customer-files
What about you graphics performance?

My results on a P4 1.5 WXP Quadro4 750XGL:

Shaded = 27.3 FPS
Hidden = 7.9 FPS
Wireframe = 10.7 FPS
Multiple Windows = 29.3 FPS
Average = 18.8 FPS

Andy
*J, Dave
Message 2 of 48 (103 Views)

Re: Inventor6 Graphics Benchmark

11-28-2002 10:46 PM in reply to: *Shelter, Andy
I have a paltry 9.1 average. Running Atholon 1.4 GHz, 3DLabs GVX1 Pro:

Shaded = 7.2 FPS
Hidden = 5.3 FPS
Wireframe = 15.4 FPS
Multiple Windows = 8.5 FPS
Average = 9.1 FPS

--
Dave Jacquemotte
davej@autoconcorp.com


"Andy Shelter" wrote in message
news:CA1FC023F869C3610DC4358C8FC2674C@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> You will find a short graphics benchmark for Inventor6 in
> /autocad/customer-files
> What about you graphics performance?
>
> My results on a P4 1.5 WXP Quadro4 750XGL:
>
> Shaded = 27.3 FPS
> Hidden = 7.9 FPS
> Wireframe = 10.7 FPS
> Multiple Windows = 29.3 FPS
> Average = 18.8 FPS
>
> Andy
>
>
*J, Dave
Message 3 of 48 (103 Views)

Re: Inventor6 Graphics Benchmark

11-28-2002 10:57 PM in reply to: *Shelter, Andy
Is this the exact card youare running?
nVidia Xtasy GeForce 4 MX420 AGP Video Card with TV Out by VisionTek

--
Dave Jacquemotte
davej@autoconcorp.com


"Andy Shelter" wrote in message
news:CA1FC023F869C3610DC4358C8FC2674C@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> You will find a short graphics benchmark for Inventor6 in
> /autocad/customer-files
> What about you graphics performance?
>
> My results on a P4 1.5 WXP Quadro4 750XGL:
>
> Shaded = 27.3 FPS
> Hidden = 7.9 FPS
> Wireframe = 10.7 FPS
> Multiple Windows = 29.3 FPS
> Average = 18.8 FPS
>
> Andy
>
>
*Lilledal, Ole Christer
Message 4 of 48 (103 Views)

Re: Inventor6 Graphics Benchmark

11-28-2002 11:01 PM in reply to: *Shelter, Andy
My results on a P4 1.6GHz WXP Geoforce4MX420
nventor6 Grapics Benchmark

29.11.02 15:58:53

Shaded = 36.5 FPS
Hidden = 10.6 FPS
Wireframe = 68.4 FPS
Multiple Windows = 42.5 FPS
Average = 39.5 FPS

Regards

Ole Christer Lilledal

Not bad or....................................

"Andy Shelter" wrote in message
news:CA1FC023F869C3610DC4358C8FC2674C@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> You will find a short graphics benchmark for Inventor6 in
> /autocad/customer-files
> What about you graphics performance?
>
> My results on a P4 1.5 WXP Quadro4 750XGL:
>
> Shaded = 27.3 FPS
> Hidden = 7.9 FPS
> Wireframe = 10.7 FPS
> Multiple Windows = 29.3 FPS
> Average = 18.8 FPS
>
> Andy
>
>
*Laimer, Leo
Message 5 of 48 (103 Views)

Re: Inventor6 Graphics Benchmark

11-28-2002 11:12 PM in reply to: *Shelter, Andy
My results are:

Shaded = 30 FPS
Hidden = 15 FPS
Wireframe = 45 FPS
Multiple Windows = 45 FPS
Average = 33 FPS

My machine:
Dell340, 2.53GHz, Quadro4 900XGL, with Adesk recommended otimization.

Regards,
--
Leo Laimer
Maschinen- und Fertigungstechnik
A-4820 Bad Ischl - Austria
*Shelter, Andy
Message 6 of 48 (103 Views)

Re:

11-28-2002 11:12 PM in reply to: *Shelter, Andy
Ole,
I can not believe your measurements.
Did you use the engine sample?
Did you use default Inventor display settings?
What display driver settings?

Andy



"Ole Christer Lilledal" wrote in message
news:7EDED412728F3CFE9EDC3AA35087D4DA@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> My results on a P4 1.6GHz WXP Geoforce4MX420
> nventor6 Grapics Benchmark
>
> 29.11.02 15:58:53
>
> Shaded = 36.5 FPS
> Hidden = 10.6 FPS
> Wireframe = 68.4 FPS
> Multiple Windows = 42.5 FPS
> Average = 39.5 FPS
>
> Regards
>
> Ole Christer Lilledal
>
> Not bad or....................................
>
> "Andy Shelter" wrote in message
> news:CA1FC023F869C3610DC4358C8FC2674C@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > You will find a short graphics benchmark for Inventor6 in
> > /autocad/customer-files
> > What about you graphics performance?
> >
> > My results on a P4 1.5 WXP Quadro4 750XGL:
> >
> > Shaded = 27.3 FPS
> > Hidden = 7.9 FPS
> > Wireframe = 10.7 FPS
> > Multiple Windows = 29.3 FPS
> > Average = 18.8 FPS
> >
> > Andy
> >
> >
>
>
*Laimer, Leo
Message 7 of 48 (103 Views)

Re:

11-28-2002 11:17 PM in reply to: *Shelter, Andy
And if Lilledal did everything correct, this is a interesting hint.
From the maker of softdquadro there is a statement, that the professional
nVidia cards do not have hardware accelerated wireframe mode, contrary to
the Geforce ones (as long as I understood the whole web article well
enough). And he said that his hack would unleash this feature.

Regards,
--
Leo Laimer
Maschinen- und Fertigungstechnik
A-4820 Bad Ischl - Austria


"Andy Shelter" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:C503E5D46D51703849007CB4DEBDE0EA@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Ole,
> I can not believe your measurements.
> Did you use the engine sample?
> Did you use default Inventor display settings?
> What display driver settings?
>
> Andy
>
>
>
> "Ole Christer Lilledal" wrote in message
> news:7EDED412728F3CFE9EDC3AA35087D4DA@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > My results on a P4 1.6GHz WXP Geoforce4MX420
> > nventor6 Grapics Benchmark
> >
> > 29.11.02 15:58:53
> >
> > Shaded = 36.5 FPS
> > Hidden = 10.6 FPS
> > Wireframe = 68.4 FPS
> > Multiple Windows = 42.5 FPS
> > Average = 39.5 FPS
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Ole Christer Lilledal
> >
> > Not bad or....................................
> >
> > "Andy Shelter" wrote in message
> > news:CA1FC023F869C3610DC4358C8FC2674C@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > > You will find a short graphics benchmark for Inventor6 in
> > > /autocad/customer-files
> > > What about you graphics performance?
> > >
> > > My results on a P4 1.5 WXP Quadro4 750XGL:
> > >
> > > Shaded = 27.3 FPS
> > > Hidden = 7.9 FPS
> > > Wireframe = 10.7 FPS
> > > Multiple Windows = 29.3 FPS
> > > Average = 18.8 FPS
> > >
> > > Andy
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>
*Shelter, Andy
Message 8 of 48 (103 Views)

Re:

11-28-2002 11:58 PM in reply to: *Shelter, Andy
I've added the default Inventor Display settings as screenshot. See
customer-files
Please post results with these settings.
Nevertheless it's interesting to see the impact of the other settings.

Andy


"Andy Shelter" wrote in message
news:C503E5D46D51703849007CB4DEBDE0EA@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Ole,
> I can not believe your measurements.
> Did you use the engine sample?
> Did you use default Inventor display settings?
> What display driver settings?
>
> Andy
>
>
>
> "Ole Christer Lilledal" wrote in message
> news:7EDED412728F3CFE9EDC3AA35087D4DA@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > My results on a P4 1.6GHz WXP Geoforce4MX420
> > nventor6 Grapics Benchmark
> >
> > 29.11.02 15:58:53
> >
> > Shaded = 36.5 FPS
> > Hidden = 10.6 FPS
> > Wireframe = 68.4 FPS
> > Multiple Windows = 42.5 FPS
> > Average = 39.5 FPS
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Ole Christer Lilledal
> >
> > Not bad or....................................
> >
> > "Andy Shelter" wrote in message
> > news:CA1FC023F869C3610DC4358C8FC2674C@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > > You will find a short graphics benchmark for Inventor6 in
> > > /autocad/customer-files
> > > What about you graphics performance?
> > >
> > > My results on a P4 1.5 WXP Quadro4 750XGL:
> > >
> > > Shaded = 27.3 FPS
> > > Hidden = 7.9 FPS
> > > Wireframe = 10.7 FPS
> > > Multiple Windows = 29.3 FPS
> > > Average = 18.8 FPS
> > >
> > > Andy
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>
*McConnell, Cory
Message 9 of 48 (103 Views)

Re: Inventor6 Graphics Benchmark

11-29-2002 12:08 AM in reply to: *Shelter, Andy
Inventor6 Graphics Benchmark

02.11.29 9:06:25 AM

Shaded = 21.8 FPS
Hidden = 7.6 FPS
Wireframe = 14.4 FPS
Multiple Windows = 24.1 FPS
Average = 17 FPS

Dell P4 1.7
Nvidia geforce 2GTS hacked to a Quadro 2Pro

--
Cory McConnell
BJ pipeline Inspection
"Andy Shelter" wrote in message
news:CA1FC023F869C3610DC4358C8FC2674C@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> You will find a short graphics benchmark for Inventor6 in
> /autocad/customer-files
> What about you graphics performance?
>
> My results on a P4 1.5 WXP Quadro4 750XGL:
>
> Shaded = 27.3 FPS
> Hidden = 7.9 FPS
> Wireframe = 10.7 FPS
> Multiple Windows = 29.3 FPS
> Average = 18.8 FPS
>
> Andy
>
>
*B, Rich
Message 10 of 48 (103 Views)

Re:

11-29-2002 12:14 AM in reply to: *Shelter, Andy
Inventor6 Grapics Benchmark

11/29/2002 10:04:22 AM

Shaded = 31.6 FPS
Hidden = 10.8 FPS
Wireframe = 16.9 FPS
Multiple Windows = 34.7 FPS
Average = 23.5 FPS

Nvidia Gforce 2 GTS not hacked at 1200X960 resolution (don't know id
that matters?)


I don't think the hacking helped? What did you do to hack it?

2 Gig Pent. 4 1Gig of ram.

Rich


"Cory McConnell" wrote in message
news:BCEF096427FFE79ACA31BD8A4EA06B78@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Inventor6 Graphics Benchmark
>
> 02.11.29 9:06:25 AM
>
> Shaded = 21.8 FPS
> Hidden = 7.6 FPS
> Wireframe = 14.4 FPS
> Multiple Windows = 24.1 FPS
> Average = 17 FPS
>
> Dell P4 1.7
> Nvidia geforce 2GTS hacked to a Quadro 2Pro
>
> --
> Cory McConnell
> BJ pipeline Inspection
> "Andy Shelter" wrote in message
> news:CA1FC023F869C3610DC4358C8FC2674C@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > You will find a short graphics benchmark for Inventor6 in
> > /autocad/customer-files
> > What about you graphics performance?
> >
> > My results on a P4 1.5 WXP Quadro4 750XGL:
> >
> > Shaded = 27.3 FPS
> > Hidden = 7.9 FPS
> > Wireframe = 10.7 FPS
> > Multiple Windows = 29.3 FPS
> > Average = 18.8 FPS
> >
> > Andy
> >
> >
>
>
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.