Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor with EPDM

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
desnrsto
2856 Views, 8 Replies

Inventor with EPDM

I am currently using Inventor with SolidWorks Enterprise PDM.
My problem is that does not create a PDF.
I need to create a complement ? Is there a converter? Someone could help me.
In advance thank you

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
tmchenry
in reply to: desnrsto

I just completed a trial of EPDM with Inventor 2012, but I don't think I thought to try creating a PDF.  Are you sure you can't just use the Inventor "Save As Copy" function, like normal?  I can't see any reason that wouldn't work, but I admit that I don't think I thought to try it.

Message 3 of 9
mrattray
in reply to: tmchenry

Just curious, but why would you want to use SW PDM with Inventor instead of Vault?
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 4 of 9
tmchenry
in reply to: mrattray

@mrattray wrote:
Just curious, but why would you want to use SW PDM with Inventor instead of Vault?

We're evaluating a cloud service that's based on EPDM Vault.

Message 5 of 9
desnrsto

@Stocko wrote:

I am currently using Inventor with SolidWorks Enterprise PDM.
My problem is that does not create a PDF.
I need to create a complement ? Is there a converter? Someone could help me.
In advance thank you

In my company we use Solidworks, Inventor, Autocad and Solidworks Enterprise PDM.

ePDM is a business choice and should work with software.

I would like to save automatically PDF files without using "save as" because it should be an antomatic task.

Message 6 of 9
tmchenry

Stocko:

I think I misunderstood your original question.  Is it that you want to have a PDF of a drawing automatically created when the drawing changes to release state in the vault?  I will soon want to do that, too, but I haven't yet figured out how.  If I find a solution I'll post it here.

Message 7 of 9
palamara.luca
in reply to: tmchenry

Hi all. 

I'm also interested in this add-in. Does anyone have figured out how to do it?

Message 8 of 9
cbenner
in reply to: palamara.luca

This really sounds like an EPDM question, I think very few people around here are going to know much about it.  I hate to chase anyone away,... but maybe this question should (also) be asked on a Solidworks EPDM forum?  Between the 2 sites maybe someone would know how to do this?

Message 9 of 9
palamara.luca
in reply to: cbenner

I came here with a Google search and tried this way first because I didn't have any answer from my ePDM VAR. The problem is that ePDM comes with an automated task able to produce a PDF file when approving a drawing, but this task is fully integrated in Solidworks and pre-compiled as a dll file or something like that, so it can't be easily read. That's way I think it's an "inventor-side" problem 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report